Can We Really Afford To Be Apart?

{edited}

Vic's p.o.v

  Tony got up and ran out of the hospital. Currently 2 months passed and me and Mike are getting ready for the funeral. We haven't seen Tony since that day in the hospital and that's depressing Mike. I invited him to the funeral and hopefully he shows.

~2 hours later~

  We're at the funeral and I'm still waiting to see if Tony shows. "Mijo, what are you doing?" Mama asks. "Uh, I invited Tony...so I'm waiting to see if he shows." What she says next surprises me. "You really care for your brother, don't you?" I nod my head. "I can tell he's been so down lately. Is Tony the reason? Because he hasn't seen him since the hospital?" I nod again and she sighs. "Its my fault." She states. I look at her and shake my head. As I look behind her, I see Tony in a black tux with his hair out. I look over to Mike to see him staring wide-eyed at Tone. Jaime is behind Tony and smiles when he sees Mike's shocked face. Tony quickly walks over to me.

  "H-hey." He stutters. "Hey, I'm glad you made it. Or was dragged out of the house by Jaime." I chuckle at the end and so does Tony. "Haha, no actually." He says and scratches his wrist. I pull his hand away from his wrist before Mike could see it. He looks at me confused then looks at his arm. "Oh." He mumbles. "We're still gonna talk about that." I state and he nods.

~After funeral~

  I just watched my dad get buried. And so did Mike. I sigh and look for Tony. He's standing by the entrance of the cemetary, not looking at anything in particular. I decide to walk with Tony home. We walk in silence until I break the silence.

  "Tony," I say quietly, "You gotta stop cutting." At first he's taken aback because of how bluntly I put it but no one else is around. He soon loses the face and shrugs. "Tony, don't shrug! This is serious! You cut too deep and you're dead." I yell. "What if I wanna die?" He mumbles but of course I heard it. I stop walking and he looks back. "Tone...why would you wanna...die?" I ask as easily as I could. "My home." He says.

  His home? Uh, mom ignoring him? Does he have a mom? No wonder no ones ever been to his house, but I plan I changing that. Does he have a dad? He doesn't even talk about his family. Uh, abusive dad??

  "Tone..?" I ask slowly. "What happens.. At home?" I ask. I see him tense up.

Tony's p.o.v

  Ugh, dumbass! I shouldn't of said anything! Shit!

  I look at him with a straight face and relax. "Lack of care." I say, its not the full truth but its some of it, so technically I'm not lying. "What do you mean 'lack of care'"? He presses. I bite my lip and look at the ground. He stares at me with wide-eyes. I decide to start walking again and he's trailing close behind.

  We get to the front of my house and turn to face him. "Uh, thanks for inviting me. Gotta go!" I rush out and run inside. As soon as I enter a fist is collided with my face. I groan and fall to the ground. He pulls me up and pushes me against the door. Please let Vic be gone, please let Vic be gone. Is all I can think right now. His fists collide with my ribs and fall back down. He kicks me and leans down to punch me. I wait for the impact but it never came. I look up to see Mike beating the shit out of my dad and Vic screaming obscenities at my dad.

  Shit. Is all I think before blacking out. I hear somebody calling me. "Tony!"

  A/N Oh shit. Tony is down! I repeat, Tony is down! Lol. I love Tony so this was kinda depressing to write/type so enjoy it! Sorry short chapter.. I think. Haha, bye, Lovelies!

Sethy✨