Chapter 14: Tying Loose Ends

(Y/n pov)

I've thought about this, I've decided, I'm gonna propose to Aya. Today, I'm checking out a ring that I could give to her. Whatever I pick, I wish she likes it.

As I was looking at the rings...

Chisato: Y/n, why are you looking at them?

Chisato suddenly appeared.

Y/n: I'm gonna buy a ring for Aya.

Chisato: As a gift?

Y/n: No, I'm gonna propose to her.

Chisato: What?! How could you say that so nonchalantly? It's clearly a big deal! Let me help you find the perfect ring for Aya.

Y/n: Thanks.

~After some time~

Y/n: You really are concerned about Aya, you know?

Chisato: If it wasn't for her, Pastel Palettes wouldn't have lasted that long. There was a point back then when I wanted to leave the band but Aya said everything will be alright. She's the reason why the band is holding on together, without her, there's no such thing as Pasupare.

Y/n: Oh, I never knew...

Chisato: I never liked you, you know? I knew it right from the start way back when we were still at high school, I knew that something was wrong.

Y/n: Yeah, I know what I did and that's why I left, to just get away from her cause I thought she'll never forgive me.

Chisato: She would talk about you everyday, you know? She'd always daydream during practice and would just say your name out loud.

Y/n: She what?

Chisato: One time, we had a sleepover and she was the first one to fall asleep, she said your name while she was dreaming and she said it in a good way, like it was the best dream of her life.

Y/n: You're actually making me blush.

Chisato: I constantly told her that she should forget you but then you showed up again.

Y/n: So are you still angry at me?

Chisato: Is Aya angry at you?

Y/n: No, why?

Chisato: Then, I'm not angry with you. Aya's the one in a relationship with you, I don't have any right to be angry at you since you make her happy. Besides, you're a nice man, Y/n. I misjudged you so much and with that, I'm sorry.

Y/n: Apology accepted! We must find a ring for Aya now.

Chisato: Oh, right. How about this?

Chisato pointed a ring that is very beautiful, I'm pretty sure Aya would like it.

Y/n: It looks beautiful!

I then paid for it as me and Chisato went to Hazawa cafe.

Chisato: So, why are you still with me?

Y/n: What? I also planned on eating cake here.

Chisato: Fine...

As me and Chisato sat down on different tables, the door suddenly opened and revealed Kaoru.

Kaoru: Oh, how fleeting to meet you both today, Y/n and Chisato.

Chisato: Oh no...

Kaoru then sat down at my table and ordered what she wanted to order.

Kaoru: So Y/n, what did you do today?

Y/n: I bought a ring with the help of Chisato.

Kaoru: And who may that ring for be?

Y/n: I'm going to propose to Aya.

Kaoru: Getting married? How fleeting!

Y/n: Chisato, why won't you sit down with us?

Kaoru: Yeah, so more people can allot the space.

Chisato: Oh, if you want me to, Y/n and Kao-chan.

Kaoru then blushed... Never thought she'd do that.

Kaoru: S- stop that, Chi-chan!

She said in a very soft way... Kaoru acting like this is something I'd never thought would happen.