Working

"This -- isn't -- working--!"

"Keep trying, put that thing there -- "

"Steve, that's not going to fit."

"I don't know, Buck, maybe oil it?"

Bucky grunted and flicked hair away from his face, annoyed. "Why you chose to -- to make this difficult is beyond me, Rogers."

"Look, we needed a new cabinet, so -- "

Bucky leaned back onto his heels and huffed disapprovingly. "A little help would be great," he said, and Steve leaned in close to help, grabbing the screwdriver and trying to slam the screw in.

Bucky eyed him as he worked, Steve frowning as he did so. "What did you do?"

Bucky brushed his hand away and tried twisting the screw loose by hand so they could start again. Steve pressed in close so he could watch and Bucky found it even more difficult to concentrate. He glanced at him from the corner of his eye while he tried to work.

"You're really bad at this," Steve commented teasingly before placing his hand over Bucky's and helping twist it. With a screech it came loose and Bucky tossed it inelegantly onto the floor, drawing back.

"You screw it in, I'm no good at this," Bucky complained and handed the screw and screwdriver to Steve, who got to work.

Bucky sat back and watched, amazed as the cabinet began to take shape. Steve stood it up and pushed it against the wall once it was finally complete. He turned to Bucky, hands on his hips, shrugging once.

"See? Easy," he breathed, and Bucky nodded, rolling his eyes.

"Yes, thank you." He leaned against the wall, folding his arms, admiring the cabinet. Steve watched his reaction and smiled proudly.

"So? Good?"

"Yes, good job, Steve," he said with a small smile. He walked up and wrapped an arm around his waist while they both admired Steve's handiwork.

////

This one is short but it'll probably be the shortest of the bunch. As usual lemme know what you thought, improvements and all that jazz :)