My Therapist

"My... therapist told me to try to move on." Bucky frowned at the ground instead of Abby. "So, um... I'm sorry, but we should -- "

"Because you're gay?" Abby scrutinized him. "It's fine if you're gay, James, I don't care."

He blinked. "Uh -- "

She stood and smoothed her skirt down. "Thank you for telling me." She smiled gently and Bucky was speechless, but smiled back.

"Sorry, I wish I... " He frowned again, what did he wish for? Not to be gay?

"You have nothing to apologise for." She drew herself up to her full height and grabbed her coat. "Not a big deal, okay? Maybe I'll see you around, James."

"Um-- okay." He smiled and tilted his head. "Thanks, for uh -- "

She nodded, smiled thinly and let herself out after saying a quick goodbye, leaving Bucky in the wake of her words, still flabbergasted.

"Another one bites the dust," he muttered. Looking around his empty and quiet apartment, he shook his head, annoyed.

Meeting guys... was impossible. Convincing himself he liked girls was even more so; he had almost given up hope, and maybe this was the last straw. Abby, Madison, Cleo, Samantha -- all lovely girls, but evidently not for him.

His therapist suggested he branch out and try not to focus on any accidental internalized homophobia. Since Bucky was only recently gay he didn't even realise this could be a thing. Very frustrating.

Shaking his head, he grabbed his keys and decided to head out for a pity coffee.

////

He didn't realise he'd be running to someone's aid still clutching his extra large coffee with one sugar. Someone in a blue suit was on the ground, struggling to rise; his hair was matted with blood. General calamity had apparently happened downtown -- a robbery, an explosion blasted through the side of the bank.

This particular man had a shield lying nearby. Bucky recognized him as no other than Captain America; he picked up his speed.

"Hey!" He kneeled beside him, abandoning the coffee to push the chunks of building off of him. Steve grunted and blinked vaguely up at him, clearly concussed. "You okay?"

Bucky made eye contact as Steve sat up. And Bucky Barnes fell in love.

"Hey... "

"You shouldn't be here," Steve groaned. "You should -- go -- "

"You need help." Bucky looked concerned and tried to ignore the nervous racing of his heart.

Steve hesitated, then his head drooped as he nodded, blood leaking down his cheek.

"Thank you," he murmured as his eyes fluttered closed.

////

Bucky couldn't get him off of his mind: something about him was so intriguing. That or maybe he was just lonely enough to fall for a guy he barely knew.

Maybe it was just because he was on his mind a lot, but Bucky ran into Captain America much more often -- at the coffee shop, on the street, having been saved by him.

////

"My therapist suggested I tell you," Bucky gasped as the pair of them were running perimeter; Bucky because there was no one left conscious to help, Steve only allowing it because he knew it was too large a task. "I like you!"

"I figured," Steve said back with a grin as they ran. "You're not very subtle, Barnes!"

Bucky grinned as he darted around the corner. "I know."

////

This is probably the worst one but here it is!!