Crap

"Crap."

"Excuse me?" Bucky looked at Steve and didn't seem as fazed about what was going on. "We don't tolerate potty language here, buster."

"Alright, then. F*ck."

Bucky nodded. "That suits our situation much better, don't you think?"

The boys often got into hijinks but no jinks higher than the night they locked themselves in the library over the night with nobody coming in until Monday morning.

Steve pushed off of the door and paced the narrow aisles, pulling his sweater from his bag. "Guess we're really pullin' and all nighter, huh?"

Bucky snorted from his spot on the floor, taking a deep breath. It was worse for him, he reckoned, because Bucky had developed a massive crush on his nerdy roommate.

So, yeah. F*ck was definitely a good word for the situation.

"Couldn't imagine a better person to be quarantined with," he cooed, trying to sound like he's joking, and Steve slid to sit across from him, fixing his sweater sleeves.

"How adorable," Steve said as he pulled his notebook from his backpack. "May as well get to work, I guess," he murmured, and Bucky nodded distantly and got up.

"I'll be back, just wanna scope out the place. Maybe find an exit," he called over his shoulder.

Steve watched him go and smiled to himself, self-consciously.

////

"How you making out?" Bucky slid onto his stomach and eyed Steve's sketch. Steve didn't respond for a moment as he pencilled in some detail, pressing his lips together. Finally he drew back and presented his rough sketch.

He'd long since ditched writing the essay he needed to be finished before the weekend was out -- he was already halfway complete so what did it matter if he did some drawing?

Bucky nodded his approval as he studied the sketch. "Wow," he said with a shy smile. "That's really good, Steve."

Steve blushed. "Could be better," he dismissed quietly, pulling the notebook towards him again. Bucky watched fondly and his heart twisted unexpectedly.

Crap. He really did like him, huh.

"I think it's nice." Bucky stretched out, casually, almost resting against Steve -- legs brushing together. Steve looked at him and smiled.

////

The hours ticked by slowly. At one point Bucky pulled a movie up on his phone, Steve scootched in close to see too and Bucky allowed himself to press his head against Steve's while the blond giggled at a part. Allowed himself to grin when Steve made fun of an acting choice. Allowed himself to further realise godd*mn it I like this guy.

He wasn't sure what to do about it, but there they were. Trapped together in mutual pining.

////

Ahahah being depressed and lacking motivation is no bueno :)