Chapter 3

“Aiden!! AAIIIDEEENN!!!!!! You’re never going to believe it! Aidennnn!” Liz came sprinting down the hall screaming my name. “You’ll never believe it Aid!” She crashed into me and grabbed my arms panting for breath. “GUESS WHAT I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT YOU AND HARRY STYLES!!!!???” She said trying to be sly, but half yelling at me. Oh no…I started to get a little lightheaded. This couldn’t be good. Liz didn’t even give me a chance to speak, she pulled out her phone and found a picture then held it to my face. I took a deep breath expecting to see myself in the picture or something, but it was just a normal picture of him. It looked to be fairly recent. I let out the breath I had been holding. “Yeh…it’s Haz. What about it?” She pointed to something around his neck. “See that necklace…it’s rumored he just got it, and he wears it everywhere he goes. It’s a PAPER AIRPLANE.” Her eyes flickered to my matching necklace. “DUDE! You have the same necklace as Harry freaking Styles!! That’s so cool! Where did you get it!?!” She screamed, fangirling like crazy. “Umm…Cheshire.” Technically not a lie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, after school I was sitting around not doing much. I always got super homesick when I was at home. Nobody was there to distract me, and my mum was at work. I got on my laptop and checked facebook and twitter, but there was nothing new. So I decided to go and attempt to do some homework. I was in the middle of a confusing math assignment when my computer beeped at me. It was only 8…I had no idea who would be trying to skype me. I walked over to my computer to see who it was. Loubear <3 What the heck?! I sat down and answered the call. “Lou? What on earth are you doing? Why are you awake?? It’s like 3!!” I couldn’t help but smile. He looked exhausted, and his hair was sticking up from running his fingers through it repeatedly. “Hello love…couldn’t sleep.” He looked tired…that was weird. “You are going to be so tired tomorrow Lou…” I gently told him. “That’s ok…we aren’t doing anything tomorrow, so I can sleep then.” He gave me a sleepy smile. Something seemed a little off about him. “Lou…are you okay?” He put his head down and didn’t answer me. “Loubear, what’s wrong?” I asked softly. He finally looked up at me, his eyes were shiny with unshed tears. “I really miss you Aid…why did you have to leave?” His tears started to slowly fall down his face, and I couldn’t do anything about it. “Lou…please don’t. I ‘m so sorry. I miss you guys so badly…please don’t cry. I will see you soon, somehow…I swear.” I eventually calmed him down and we talked for a couple of hours. I told him about school, and Liz and Darcy. He told me everything they had been busy with, including recording for their new album ‘Take Me Home’.

“Louis?” I was getting tired and had my head resting on the desk. “Yes, love?” He said quietly. “Will you sing to me…please?” I asked him. “Sure.” He smiled, “What shall I sing?” I loved to just listen to his beautiful voice, so I really didn’t care. “Surprise me.” He smiled and thought for a second. “Do you…would you like to hear ‘Little Things’?” My head shot up. “Is that even allowed?” The song hadn’t even come out yet! “For you, I’ll make an exception…it reminds me of you…” He whispered. I didn’t get the chance to ask him what he meant by that because he started to sing. So I rested my head back on my desk and watched my gorgeous friend as he sang to me.

Your hand fits in mine

Like it's made just for me

But bear this in mind

It was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved

The crinkles by your eyes

When you smile

You've never loved

Your stomach or your thighs,

The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if I do

It's you

Oh, it's you they add up to

I'm in love with you

And all these little things

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea

And maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep

And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep

Though it makes no sense to me

I know you've never loved

The sound of your voice on tape

You never want

To know how much you weigh

You still love to squeeze into your jeans

But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if it's true

It's you,

It's you they add up to

I'm in love with you

And all these little things

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you

You'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to.

If I let you know I'm here for you

Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh.

And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth

'Cause it's you,

Oh, it's you,

It's you they add up to

And I'm in love with you

And all these little things

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if it's true

It's you,

It's you they add up to

I'm in love with you

And all your little things

Louis’ voice stopped as he finished the song. I had no idea what to even say. “It will be better with all of the boys singing…” He said softly. I looked up at him, his face with filled with raw emotion…he was so open. “No, it was beautiful.” Amazing. I love hearing you sing…your voice is gorgeous.” I told him truthfully. He was staring at me now. “Aiden…you’re beautiful.” He whispered. He was making me so confused, and my emotions were going crazy. I needed to sleep and try to figure it all out later. Me and Louis were just friends…right? I had always liked him…but that’s all there ever was. All there ever would be. “Lou…I have to go to bed now…thank you for singing to me.” He big blue eyes gazed sadly at me. “Okay…but I meant what I said…the song always reminds me of you when I sing it. Goodnight Aiden.” He didn’t look away from me. “Goodnight Loubear…” I turned off my computer and crawled into bed falling asleep almost instantly.