1.

Perfectly Imperfect

Perfectly Imperfect

•┈┈┈••✦ 𝓟𝓦 ✦••┈┈┈┈•

Percy Weasley was a people pleaser. He was always looking for approval from his family since a young age. When he was one, he drew Charlie a drawing of dragons and the boy was beyond excited, when he was two, he forced his parents to take him to a shop near by to buy Bill a Christmas present and Bill really loved it. When he was four, Percy insisted on taking care and playing with the twins at the age of four, looking for his parents' appreciation towards him.

Percy wasn't one to ask for a compliment when he had nothing to be complimented about. He always asked for what he deserved. The boy was an amazing artist, he was rather good at drawing. He had a beautiful and elegant handwriting. He had learned how to knit sweaters from his mother. He could cook very well, even though he barely did. He was the neatest and most poised person. And he did get his appreciation when it was just him, Charlie and Bill.

As he grew older, it became harder. Dividing love between three brothers was much more different when dividing it between six other siblings.

He lost a lot of it when Bill went to Hogwarts, Percy was only six but without Bill, who was like a second parent to the Weasley children, Percy was left with two very busy and chaotic parents.

That was also the year Ginny was born. She was a small fragile baby girl and was rather special to everyone. She took a lot of attention from the parents and that left Charlie in charge of the kids.

Ron always cried and whined a lot, so Charlie spent most of his time trying to shut Ron up, which meant Percy was in charge of the twins.

Many wonder why Percy was always the victim of their pranks, and it wasn't because Percy was boring, he was actually very loose when he was younger, but he was in charge, which meant he had to make sure the twins stayed in line so Ron wouldn't cry so Ginny wouldn't cry and the Weasley parents would be happy with him, give him more love and appreciation. This also meant that Percy was strict and the twins weren't having any of that.

As much as everyone in the Weasley family 'hated' Percy, he was ironically the twins' favorite brother. He had practically raised them until he left for Hogwarts, and even though they would never admit it, it was the truth.

He was never disliked by Bill or Charlie, not even Ginny but the twins loved to trouble him and Ron seemed to learn it rather well. Ginny adored Percy for sure, he learned how to braid her hair at a very young age and was the only one other than Charlie who could do it. But through it all, the attention was always shared and he ended up getting the shorter end of the stick.

As Percy grew up, he realized that the only way he could get full attention of his parents was if he was the best kid, if he was better than everyone else.

Bill was the oldest, Charlie was a dragon tamer and constantly under his parents' watch, the twins were troublesome and always got the attention, even though it was scolding, Ron was their youngest brother and Ginny was the only girl. Percy on the other hand was 'perfect'. He never got scolded, he was never trouble and sometimes he wished he was.

The best day of his life came in his fifth year, well best day yet. He had opened his letter for Hogwarts expecting a dreadfully long list of books only to see a shiny badge,Prefect .

Molly Weasley had gotten up and hugged him, Arthur Weasley had patted him on the back and told him that he was proud. Bill had congratulated him through a letter, Charlie made a joke but said that he was very happy for him. The twins, as usual, made jokes about him but Percy didn't care. He was on cloud nine and there was no way he was coming down anytime soon.

'Perfect Percy'. He was perfect after all, perfect grades, perfect poise, perfect health, perfect student and now perfect prefect. (He did mind 'Pinhead' though.)

The next best day of his life came when he became head boy. He had opened his letter for Hogwarts expecting a dreadfully long list of books only to see a new shiny badge, Head Boy.

Molly had hugged him tight, Arthur had told him that he was proud, Bill and Charlie sent him letters of their happiness for their brother, Fred and George made comments he didn't bother to listen.

Head Boy. He was head boy. He had proven himself to his teachers, to his school, to his classmates, to his siblings and to his parents. He was 'Perfect Percy' after all. 

The third best day of his life came when he got a job at the Ministry of Magic. This was a turning point in his life, he had finally achieved his goal for himself. He had finally become who he aspired to be. Perfect Percy was always perfect, no faults and no flaws, right?

•┈┈┈••✦ 𝓟𝓦 ✦••┈┈┈┈┈┈•

A/N
Thank you so much for reading this book!!
This was a really short chapter but it's just an introduction for Percy.
I hope you liked it!
<3
Aisla Wrenn