Epilogue

You sat on your couch staring at the tv in front of you. You sigh as you flip through the channels for the hundredth time.

You don't look away as you hear the door to the apartment open and close.

"I'm home." You hear katsuki from the other room. You hear him slip off his shoes and he comes into the living room.

"What? The silent treatment again?" You hear the angry but tired tone of his voice.

"Oh I'm sorry how was your day mister number two hero." You spoke spitting out the last part as an insult. You knew it infuriated him that he was still number two. He only sighs at you're statement. He comes to the couch sitting on the opposite end of you.

"Listen Y/n this isn't working." You chuckle at his serious tone. Yes it was funny to you. You'd expected this talk a long time ago. But he'd held it off for as long as he could.

"No kidding." You mumble still hitting the button on the remote.

"This is serious." He speaks harshly. You finally take your eyes from the tv to him. His elbows are resting on his knees head in his hands. He seemed so tired and frustrated.

You want to feel sympathy for him. But you can't. You can't feel anything towards him anymore. You had at one point loved him with everything you had. You had supported him to Timbuktu and back. But it all changed when he became the number two hero. He was close to the top, and you, were at the bottom.

You felt bitterness at him for that.

He finally raises his head staring at you. "I'm leaving. I'm getting my own apartment." Your heart stopped. You didn't care if he left but him leaving meant you'd be broke. Your flop in career had you penniless. Katsuki was the only reason you weren't on the street. He seemed to see the brief flash of fear in your eyes. He narrowed his eyes glaring at you. "You should have done like I said and gotten a job long ago. Maybe you wouldn't be in this position had you done just that."

"Kat please I have nothing-"

"Don't call me that. You don't have the privilege of saying my name anymore." You didn't know why but it stung. He had always been Kat to you. That was it. Nothing else.

A couple days later he was gone. He took everything he owned and was gone.

You lay on the couch wondering what you'd do. You thought about getting a job. But what would you do? You'd only ever worked to be a hero. Any other skill you had was so unrefined surely no one would hire you.

Sighing you get up and make you way to the kitchen. You weren't hungry but what could you do other than eat away your worry. You opened cabinet after cabinet. Nothing looked good.

Finally you opened one cabinet and saw a bottle of whiskey. It was full and unopened. You and bakugo weren't big drinkers so when someone had gifted this to you during the holidays you just put it up.

You hesitantly reached for the bottle. You moved it around in your hand as you examined the dark liquid. You'd never tried whiskey before. You tried to stick to wines and such at events.

Despite not even liking alcohol much you opened the bottle. Without another thought you took a swig. You lowered the bottle and coughed at the sudden stinging in your throat. As the liquid went down you felt, satisfied.

Now you were craving more. You drank some more not coughing now.

You spent the rest of the night drinking from the bottle laying on the couch. The pain of the alcohol washed away any other feeling you had. You felt numb but it felt good. You didn't have to worry about money or Bakugo. Not when you had this.