A Body

Shuichi sits with Kaito, playing a game of chess, when an announcement plays over the speaker. It alerts the two to a body being discovered. They stare at each other, before running off to the location.

When they arrive, everyone else is there. Well, everyone besides Kokichi. Saihara looks at the body of Korekiyo in surprise and sadness.

"I can't believe the game actually started..." He murmurs, upset. Then, it hits him.

One of these people surrounding me is a murderer.

His eyes flick warily from side to side. Kaede looks at the body.

"Well, Shuichi, you are a detective, right? You can solve this?" She asks. The detective, feeling pressurized, shrugs. He wants to be far, far away from here.

"I'll try... You guys look around as well, in case you notice something I don't."

The small group begins to look around for clues.

***

Meanwhile, Kokichi is just waking up. He yawns, the pillow falling out of his grasp.

"Nnhgg... I wonder if it's morning yet..." He murmurs. Picking up his pillow, he walks out of the bathroom, checking the time on his clock. As soon as he realizes how late it is, he rushes to get himself ready for the day.

He walks out, listening for voices. He follows them, walking in to see Korekiyo, dead.

She did it... The mastermind is dead, why hasn't the game stopped? Did I get it wrong? Oh no... I condemned her to death... This is my fault...

He swallows, his mask going back on. A laugh bursts out of his throat.

"Oh... Oh! It looks like the game started!" He laughs, nearly falling over with his fake laughter.

"Shut up and help us search, failed abortion!"

"Yeeeeesh... So harsh, Miu!" He begins to fake cry.

"Kokichi, let's go search around here, make sure there are no clued left behind!" Kaede says optimistically. The leader takes a deep breath, scared to be alone with her.

I'm the reason she's gonna die... This is a bad idea, to be alone with her.

Regardless, he gives a smile. "Okay, Kayayayade!"

The two walk outside, and she turns to him. He continues his careless smiling.

"Ouma... You told me he was the mastermind... Why did you lie to me?" She asks, quietly. His steady smile falters.

"I'm sorry, Kaede, I thought he was. I'm sorry to have put you in this position." He says. She nods, trying not to cry.

"It's fine... Make sure everyone else lives, okay? And make sure Kirumi doesn't overwork herself, and-" She begins to list off all the things she needs to be done, but the shorter boy just hugs her.

"Leave me a list. I'll take care of it all, I promise. And I truly am sorry..." The two stay there for a few seconds, before Kaede pulls away.

"Well... What should we do now?" She asks. Kokichi offers her a pen and paper.

"Write down all the messages you want to leave people, and we'll get them all delivered. Then, the trial." The boy says. Kaede nods, and begins to write furiously.

Word count: 514

I'm currently having a huge beta Himiko Yumeno brainrot. She's just a d o r a b l e. I've been making a jacket to cosplay her.

Anyways, listen to Mcki Robyns-P's music, especially the V3 cast's songs. They're s o g o o d.

The author. 💕