A Broken Mask

"A-ha! I've got it!"

The purple haired leader finished connecting the red string to the photos. He takes a step back, staring at Tsumugi's photo. Everything clicks in his brain.

Kokichi walks out of his room, making a beeline to Tsumugi's room. He bangs on the door, and it opens on her.

"I know you're the mastermind." He declares. She tilts her head.

"Oh? I don't know what you are talking about. Is this a reference?" She questions, acting innocent. But the liar could see through her lies.

"Stop lying, Tsumugi. I know it's you. You organized this game." The cosplayer laughs, grinning at the shorter boy.

"Looks like I got found out! But it's too early for me to be exposed yet~"

With that, the short boy is dragged into her room. He lets out a small squeal as the door is closed behind him.

Kokichi flicks his head to look for Tsumugi, who is standing there with a knife. His eyes dart around the room, until they lock on the bathroom. She grins at him, eyes full of what could only be described as despair.

The small boy begins to run, as the cosplayer pounces. He dives in as the knife scrapes along his leg. His other one kicks the door closed, holding it until he forces himself onto his feet to lock it.

Now trapped, he looks for a weapon, anything that can stop Tsumugi from killing him.

There!

The boy grabs a shaving tool, twisting it until the plastic snaps, and he can take out a blade. He holds it gently in his fingers, drawing out a small bit of pink blood.

Just wait... She'll burst in any second. You have one shot at this.

The door creaks, and Kokichi prepares to throw the small blade.

It bursts open, revealing the mastermind. Ouma throws the blade, burying it into her neck. Tsumugi lets out a small choking noise, raising her hands to her neck, before she falls over, dead as the autumn leaves.

A gasp escapes the leader's throat. He steps back, horrified.

I killed someone. Killed them myself.

She was trying to kill you! There wasn't a choice! 

He backs away from the dead body, his stomach twisting. He felt like his was going to be sick.

There, in the mastermind's bathroom, the liar's mask shatters. He falls to the ground, sobbing. Guilt from everything he's done takes over him, and he can't control his tears or emotions anymore.

His body shakes with every sob. His tears blur his vision as he sits there, leaned over himself.

Eventually, his crying subsides. He just sits there, staring numbly at the body.

What do I do now? She's the mastermind, so maybe Monokuma won't work anymore!

Wiping his eyes, the leader stands up, creeping around the body. He walks out of the room, sneaking back to his own.

He scrubs at his hands and face furiously. There's no blood, but he felt tainted, even more than before.

The announcement that claims a body is found plays over the announcement. Kokichi covers the redness of his face with the foundation he'd stolen from Tsumugi's room.

"I guess it's time to face the music."

Word count: 537