Rescue and Horror

Kokichi is curled up in his cell, nearly asleep. There is quiet arguing, which prevents the leader from falling asleep. Annoyed, he quietly calls out to Kaede and Korekiyo.

"Can you two shut your mouths? I'm trying to sleep here..."

"Ouma, that's not us. I think someone is coming!" Kaede answers, excitedly. They were all weak, Kokichi from his recent execution, Kaede and Korekiyo from barely eating all the time they were here.

The arguing gets louder, until a face must have appeared in front of the first cell.

"Korekiyo! You... You're actually here!"

"Greetings, Rantaro. It's been a bit, hasn't it?"

"Akamatsu, dear. I'm so glad you're alive."

"Kiyo! You had us worried."

"Kirumi... I missed you. And call me Kaede."

"I'm sorry, Kiibo. But looks like I'm back now."

Now, at Kokichi's cell, Kaito appears before him. The liar spreads his face into a weak imitation of his previous mask.

"Momo-chan! Are you here to rescue me?"

"Yeah, I am. And about what you said in the first phase of your execution-"

"That was obviously a lie! You think I love you, Momo-chan~? How silly." His instinctual lie was so obviously fake, but Kaito doesn't comment on it. Instead, he struggles with the door, eventually pulling it open. The rest of his classmates are waiting outside his cell, Korekiyo propped up in between Rantaro and Kiibo, and Kaede getting a piggyback ride from Kirumi.

"Aren't you coming, Ouma?" The astronaut asks. There was no opportunity for lies here. Despite his instincts telling him to bend the truth, he speaks it as it is.

"..I can't walk..." He admits, not looking at the others. He knows his mask of lies and insults is now truly broken.

He stays in that position before he feels arms lifting him up. Momota lifts him up bridal style.

"Can't have my little sidekick being left behind!" He declares loudly, beaming at the liar.

Yeesh, am I really falling for this idiot?

Kokichi just stays in Kaito's arms, looking forward to wear they are going. The group seems to know what they're doing.

Exhaustion suddenly floods over Kokichi. His eyes begin to close. He was sure that he would be safe in the astronaut's arms.

Kaito soon realizes that Kokichi is asleep in his arms. He chuckles slightly in amusement. The leader looked so different. Calm, like he's not the prankster that would go around trying to ruin everyone's day. It was so weird, but kinda nice.

"Gonta has a bad feeling about this place..." The strong, green haired boy looks around nervously.

"Despite that, we should keep going. I don't think we could get Kaede, Ouma and Korekiyo up the ladder. This is most likely our only way to get out of here without abandoning our friends." Kirumi states. Shuichi nods.

"It's very narrow on the ladder. We barely got Gonta down, so there's no way we could get the rest of them up." The detective agrees.

Of course, that is when they hear the mechanical whir, and hear the growl.

Word count: 510