Stuck A While Longer

Shuichi just stares, numbly. He doesn't know what to feel about what just happened. Everything seemed so... Wrong...

Kokichi's dead. Never coming alive again, completely and utterly dead.

His legs feel so weak, as if they're going to give in any second. When they do, he falls against Kaito. The astronaut looks down to see the detective, nearly in tears, he knows what to do. He gently lifts him up.

"Oi! Are you and Suck-ichi going to fuck?!" Miu asks. Normally it would make the detective go red, but he was far too distracted.

"No." Kaito says simply, carrying Shuichi away. The blue haired boy holds onto the astronaut's shirt, and Momota carries the boy to his room.

When the door closes, Saihara completely breaks down into tears. This was the worst thing he'd ever seen, even since he'd solved that case.

The detective curls himself up on the bed, before he feels a pair of arms around him. Momota hugs the detective as he sobs. Shuichi turns around, burying his face into the astronaut's chest.

Eventually, the detective stops crying. Both boys drift off to sleep, tired from the stress of the day.

***

The blackness begins to fade out, and he looks up at the concrete ceiling. Confusion and pain are all he feels.

What happened? How did I get here? Why am I so sore?

His eyes blink, trying to clear his eyes and head. There is singing from somewhere, a female voice. Then a male voice is murmuring something unintelligible.

A small groan escapes his throat as he tries to sit up. The singing and murmuring stops, leaving wherever he was in total silence.

"You're awake!" The female voice says, excitedly.

"I was certain you died." The male voice admits.

"... Akamatsu? Korekiyo?" He asks, confused. The female must have nodded.

"Yup!"

"Wait... Where is this? What's going on? You're supposed to be dead... I'm supposed to be dead..." He asks. The girl lets out a sigh.

"We don't know either, Ouma. This may be what is known as hell to most humans." Korekiyo replies in a monotone voice. "We have retained some pain from our deaths, so expect that."

"Yeeesh. That explains my pain everywhere..." He admits, leaning against the wall after shuffling back a small bit.

"How were you killed?" Kaede asks. The memories come flooding back, and Ouma has to muffle a whimper.

"..executed..." The feeling of his death was something he would never forget. "I killed the mastermind, so I got four different executions, ending in being crushed by a hydraulic press."

The leader is suddenly grateful for the walls, so the others can't see the tears streaming down his face.

"So the game's over, huh?" Kaede's voice is happy. "Then everyone else can leave."

"I hope Shumai and Kaito look after each other."

"I hope Kirumi doesn't overwork herself and forget about taking care of herself."

"I hope Rantaro is okay... He's not good with death. Kiibo will try to help, but he's not good with emotions."

The three sit, worried about those they care about.

***

"They're..." Kirumi's voice is choked up with emotion, unlike her usual self.

"They're alive..." Rantaro stares, not knowing what to do or feel.

"We need to find them! They're in some kind of cell in concrete... Monokuma, can you give us a clue?" Shuichi asks. The bear just laughs. Monokuma was now working by himself.

"Upupupu! I suppose I could. Outside." With that, the animatronic bear disappears. The group disappears outside, searching.

It was time for a lot of things to go wrong.

Word count: 597