Meeting The Parents

The last three, Kaito, Kokichi, and Shuichi, sit in the police station, waiting for their caregivers. They learnt that Ouma had run away to an orphange, though refused to tell anyone why, Momota's entire family died to a disease, and Saihara had to move away from his parents because of their transphobia. They also learnt that Tsumugi was alive, but locked away to help cure her of the same disease Momota's family. They call it the "despair disease", and it infected many, the first two being Junko Enoshima, and her sister, whom no one remembered her name.

So, they sit in silence, each processing the new information.

"Ah, hello? I'm here for my nephew, Shuichi." A male with blue hair like Shuichi's walks in. Following him is a girl with lilac hair. She looks very elegant, wearing a suit with pants. The detective stands up, walking towards his uncle.

"Uhm... Hello." Saihara smiles awkwardly. His uncle grins, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Kyoko! Your cousin's finally back to normal." He optimistically declares. The girl just nods, not extremely expressive, unlike her father.

After a quick conversation to the police, Saihara and his family are gone. Now, Kaito and Kokichi are the last two waiting.

A male with black hair and a tidy uniform, and a male with large hair that looked a bit like a corn walk in next. They talk to the police, then to Kaito.

"We're your new dads. I'm Kiyotaka Oowada, and that's Mondo Oowada. You can call us whatever you feel comfortable with."

They have an exchange, then bid farewell to Ouma and leave. The leader watches people come and go, until two males walk in. One has fluffy, white hair, and one plain looking with brown hair and an ahoge. The brown haired male goes to the counter, and the white haired one walks up to Ouma.

"Hi there. I'm your dad, and your Pops is over there. We're here to take you back home. If you have any questions, you can ask me, okay?" Kokichi nods, shyly. The two wait for the brown haired male, or "Pops", he supposed.

***

A few months later

Kokichi had been going through training to get him back onto his feet, literally. Now, he could walk, mainly. Braces for his legs stay on at all times, but he's definitely getting back to his normal self. The nightmares weren't going away, not for him or Kaede.

"Momo-chan!" He clings onto the other boy, smiling. The astronaut simply pats his head.

"Morning, Kichi. What's got you so excited?" He asks. The shorter one giggles, clearly not going to tell him. He just lets go, before grinning cheekily and leaving.

Sighing, Oowada watches him leave. [Kaito's last name is now Oowada, bc his parents]

***

"Hi sidekick! Did Komaeda [Kokichi] ask you to come here too?" He asks. The detective nods. They both go to the front door, before they hear a yell.

"Oi, you two!" The pair look around, then up. On the roof, Kokichi is waving to them. He points to the side of the house, where a ladder sits. They go up, where the purple haired boy had set up a picnic. Blankets are everywhere. "I heard it was a beautiful night out, so I invited you both out here."

The three boys spend hours staring at the stars, talking, and enjoying food, until they end up falling asleep next to each other.

Word count: 575