Chapter 6 - Telling Austin The Truth

I get up from the bed and walk back into Kyle's room.

"Hey, Austin?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you real quick?" I asked.

"Sure," he said.

He put the controller down and got up.

We walked into the hallway and down the stairs. Then, we walked to the front porch.

We sat down in the chairs.

"I need to tell you something really important," I began.

He nodded for me to continue.

"When I was in Los Angeles with Kyle...we fell asleep together and we kinda, uh kissed," I said. "But, I swear it was only because I was drunk!"

"What the hell, Ellie?! And why the frick were you drunk?" Austin shouted.

The neighbors looked at us weirdly.

I ignored them though.

"I went to a high school party in Los Angeles. Kyle and I crashed one. And on the way back from LA, when you were asleep Kyle kept annoying me. And when I got out of the bathroom, Kyle took me behind the building, and started abusing me," I said.

"Seriously? That dumbass did what?" Austin said.

"Language!" I shouted.

"I don't freaking care, Ellie! I need to talk to that son of a dingbat!"

Then, he walked past me and walked upstairs to Kyle's room.

I followed him, but I stayed in the upstairs hallway because I didn't want to get more involved than I already am.

"Dude! Why the hell would you do that to my girlfriend?" I heard Austin shout.

Then, I heard a loud slap.

I heard some more shouting.

Then, I heard footsteps coming closer to the door so I ran into my room.

I was nervous that Kyle or Austin might have heard me.

But, no one came into my room so I don't think anyone heard me.

I heard footsteps walking down the stairs, then a door slamming.

"Ellie?" I heard Kyle say.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Can you come here for a minute?" He shouted.

"Sure," I said, as I opened my bedroom door and walked across the hall and into Kyle's room.

"Yeah, what do you need?" I asked.

I looked around but I didn't see Kyle anywhere.

"Kyle?" I asked.

And the next thing I know someone's hand covers my mouth, and a strong arm wraps around my waist.