Chapter 16 - Daniel's POV

Daniel's POV: 

Ellie has been acting strange. Well, she's always strange. But, I mean stranger than normal. She said that she's fine and I know that's a lie. I say "I'm fine," all the time. When, in fact I'm really not. But, no one can catch that lie. No one see's the tears in my eyes, my hands shaking, my lips quivering. No one notices. And when no one notices, it hurts. A lot. Sometimes, I just wish someone would notice. Someone like Ellie. 

I can't believe everything that I've done to Ellie. I've abused her. I bullied her. And I didn't treat her right. No one did. No one still does. I wish I was a better brother. She deserves the world.

When it comes to Ellie, she's the sweetest person. Literally, she would be the nicest person you'll probably ever meet in your entire life. She's so gentle and kind. She can tell when you're upset and she'll ask if you're okay. She'll even know when you're lying. And she'll try to comfort you.

I can't believe what a dumbass I was to her. I was never a good brother. And I should've been. But, I wasn't. I wasn't there for my sister. And now, she's in the hands of an abusive brother. I can't let him do this to her. I need a plan. But, I'll need help from my brothers first. But, Ellie can't know about any of this. 

If Ellie finds out...she'll tell our parents. And I can't risk having her parents know about everything. They got so upset and mad at us when they found out that we were abusing and bullying her. She'll tell our parents. And they can't find out. If they do I'll probably get grounded. 

Ellie tries so hard to be pretty. I used to tell her that she was ugly, fat, and worthless. But she's none of those things. I was just being a total idiot. And I can't believe I said all of those things. But I know, no matter what anybody tells her she won't believe it. If someone tells her that she's pretty, she won't believe it. Because of me. Because of us, her brothers.

We've hurt her. We've hurt her so much that she ended up in the hospital because of us. Because we were being such idiots to her. I honestly feel really bad for everything that I've done, I wish I could say that to her but I know it wouldn't change the fact that it still happened. 

I want Ellie to know I am so sorry for what I've done to her. I feel so bad, and I know the rest of our brothers do too. I wish I could just go back in time and change everything that happened. I wish I could go back and change everything that I did and change what I said. But, even time can't take away her pain. No one can. That's the thing that pains me, is seeing my sister in pain.

I don't like seeing anybody in pain, and I don't know what I would've done if Ellie hadn't saw me cutting myself. She saved me. She really did. And now it's my chance to save her. But I don't know how. But I'm sure I'll think of something.