Chapter 21 - The Beating

Amazing cover by NightSky_stars15

Thank you so much!!

——————————————————————

I just finished with school. At lunch, Kyle told me to meet him towards the back of the school. I don't have a good feeling about it, but I know that if I don't show up, he'll hurt me. So, I have to go.

I walked to my locker and put my books back inside. Then, I grab my backpack and walk towards the back of the school.

I saw Kyle as soon as I got to the back of the school.

"Hey, Kyle," I said.

"Hey, sis," he said.

I smiled. "What's up?" I asked.

"The sky."

"Very funny. Ha ha. Now, seriously why am I here?"

"Because we need you," he said.

"Whose 'we'?" I asked.

"Us," someone said from behind me.

I turned around and saw Nick.

My eyes widened. I tried to run away but Kyle grabbed me.

There was another group of boys that were standing by Nick.

Nick crossed his arms. "Your not going anywhere."

His words frightened me. I felt trapped. Well, I was trapped. There's no way out. I'm in Alcatraz.

I struggled in Kyle's grip. But, no matter what he wouldn't let me go.

I looked from Nick to the other boys. I don't think I know any of them.

Two of the boys picked me up and they all brought me into the woods behind the school.

Once we were far enough into the woods, they threw me down on the ground. It hurt, a lot. But, I'm used to it now. The fact that I'm used to it, hurts me. A lot of things, hurt me.

"Who are you guys?" I asked.

"I'm Andrew, Austin's ex-friend." A boy with green eyes and brown hair said.

Andrew. That name sounds familiar. Wait...Andrew was the one who stole Austin's phone and sent me that mean text, before I attempted suicide. He's part of the reason why Kyle and I are related now!

"I'm Joshua."

"I'm Jonah."

"I'm Chris."

"I'm Lucas."

"And I'm James."

Then, Nick walked over to me and punched me in the face. Which really hurt. I could taste blood. I brought my finger to my lip, and I saw blood. My mouth was bleeding.

Andrew walked over to me and kicked my sides, really hard. Which also hurt. James walked over to me and slapped my face. Jonah walked over to me punched my stomach so hard that I shot up and clenched my stomach. Lucas and Chris picked me up and then threw me back down onto the ground. Joshua picked me up my hair and then pushed me into a tree. The bark scratched my skin and left marks of red lines as a symbol of hate.

Kyle undid his belt and then started hitting me with it. All the other boys were laughing at me. Kyle continued to hit me with his belt and yelled at me in between hits. "You. Pathetic. Little. Brat."

I cried a lot. I couldn't help but cry. My emotions are always being hidden and kept inside, and I can't take it any longer.

"Ellie, you're such a worthless, stupid, pathetic, girl. That's all you are, and that's all you'll ever be." Nick said.

His words hurt me. But, then again, everyone's words hurt me.

"I bought a gift for you," Nick said. His words caught me by surprise.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, here," he said, while handing me a box.

I opened it. Then, I started crying again.

Inside the box was a package of razors.

"Kill yourself." Nick said. "I mean, your already in the middle of the woods, no ones really around, just a couple deep cuts and that's it. Then, your gone. So, do it!"

"Y-you guys don't even care that I'm suicidal! You guys don't care about anyone but yourselves," I said.

"Whatever," James said.

"Let's go, you guys," Lucas said.

"Okay." Kyle said.

"Bye, Loser!" Jonah said.

"Bye, Little Miss Suicide," Chris said.

"See ya later, nerd," Lucas said.

"Pathetic little brat," Kyle said.

"Sorry not sorry, dumbass!" Joshua said.

"Bye, I hate you!" James said.

"Everyone hates you, Ellie. I already bought you the supply...now you do the rest of the work! Oh, and I'm having a party at my house tomorrow. If your still alive, you can come!" Nick said.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"What was that?" Nick said, while pushing me back down onto the ground. So, I quickly got back up. James just tripped me, which caused me to fall back down and hit my face on the tree.

Then, Kyle took a picture of me and showed me. I had blood on my face, arms, legs, and I had bruises forming almost everywhere.

"See you at home, Loser!" Kyle said.

That's like the tenth time I've been called loser today.

"Unless she kills herself," Chris said.

"Hopefully," Kyle whispered. But, I could still hear it.

I continued crying, while all the boys walked away except for Nick.

Nick flicked my head with his finger and then walked away with the rest of his friends.

Friends.

So, Nick is friends with Kyle. Kyle my abusive brother.

James came running back to me and then punched me in the stomach again, right where Jonah originally punched me, which hurt so badly. And then James punched my face one more time and then he ran away.

And there I was, laying on the ground in the middle of the woods, with a pack of razors next to me.

I was just laying there, half unconscious, debating whether or not I should kill myself right then and there.

Should I? I know I shouldn't but I've been strong for so long.

I think I need to talk to my brothers...my real ones. Family isn't made by blood, it's made my love. And Kyle is no family. My brothers are. And I know that they hurt me a lot, and I will never forget that, but at least they apologized and stopped, unlike Kyle.

I need my brothers.

---------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey, everyone!

How are you?

Please vote, comment your thoughts, follow, and share this book with your friends and family!

If you have any questions for any of the characters, please feel free to comment them, but please make them appropriate.

Thank you all so much for reading this book!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love you all! 😘❤️