Chapter 24 - Just Breathe

feelingtieredof3A07

Thank you for the amazing cover! It's so beautiful!

Now, let's get back to the book.

---------------------------------------------------

- Wednesday Morning -

I woke up feeling so happy.

I have so much to be grateful for.

Nick and Kyle are in juvenile jail. My brothers are super nice to me. My parents aren't working that much anymore. And Mr and Mrs Dawson came to me last night and apologized for Kyle's behavior. They even brought all of my stuff back into my house. Yes, the house that my real family lives in. I'm back to living with them.

No matter what I've gone through, I always knew that it was just going to be temporary. But, I was scared that I was actually going to end my life, right then and there. There were many times when I felt like I was never good enough. But, my brothers helped me realize that I am worth something. Even though what they originally did to me was wrong, they changed their actions. And they apologized.

Yes, my brothers are the reason I tried to kill myself. But, my brothers are also the reason why I'm still alive. They helped me to be strong and stand up for myself. They're the reason why Kyle and Nick are in jail. They helped me build the strength to fight Nick and Kyle. My brothers are the reason why I'm happy.

I love my brothers no matter what kind of crap they get me into. I will always love the four crazy idiots.

I've been through so much but I've also been holding on for a while. And now, I realize that I'm glad that I've been holding on. Because now, the pain has passed and I feel free. I feel happy, finally.

My parents finally have been listening to me about all my problems. Last night, mom, dad, and I sat down in the living room and I told them almost everything that they missed out on. They apologized for not being there and they promised that they would be here for me whenever I needed them.

Anna, Zach and I are best friends right now. We've been hanging out with each other more and they make me feel so happy.

Right now, I'm as happy as I can possibly be. Last night, I was literally dancing when we got home. I was so excited for no apparent reason. Anyways, I have so many reasons why I should be grateful. I have an amazing boyfriend that loves and cares about me. I have friends that truly make me happy and make me feel special. I have parents that will listen to me whenever I want to tell them something. And I have four amazing brothers that will always be here for me. So, I have nothing to be upset about.

I get up from my bed and walk over to my desk, I pick up the rest of my blades and sharp objects and throw them into the trashcan.

I have no reason to cut anymore.

I'm free.

From now on, whenever I'm upset or something. I need to just breathe.