Chapter 23 - The "Going Away" Party

- Tuesday Night -

I'm in my room writing in my journal my thoughts about what happened in the woods.

"Hey, Sis," I heard Kyle say.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Kyle?" I asked.

"I need to take you somewhere fun, come on!"

"I don't feel like going." I said.

"Come on, I worked really hard on this surprise for you," he said while walking into my room.

"Fine."

He smiled.

I got up from the bed and grabbed my backpack.

Then, he grabbed my hand and I followed him down the stairs, and into his car.

After, a while of driving we finally arrived. And I don't even know where we are, but I don't like the feeling that's in my gut.

I don't trust Kyle. Not, at all. Not, after what he did to me in the past couple days. I don't trust Nick, or James or any of Kyle's friends. except, Austin.

I don't even know what's going on with Austin and me. But, I need to figure things out.

"Hey, El, we're here," he said.

"Please don't call me El." I said.

He frowned but nodded.

To be honest, I thought he was going to walk over to me, slap me, and then say 'I'll call you whatever I want to.' But, he didn't.

"Where are we, exactly?" I asked.

"It's a party." Kyle said. "Almost everyone at our school is here, including your friends."

My friends.

My friends.

"Anna and Zach are here?" I asked.

"Yep. Even Austin's here," Kyle said.

I smiled.

Maybe I can talk to Austin and clear things up.

"Come on, let's go inside," he said.

I think I saw him smirking, but I decided to ignore it.

We got out of the car, he locked the car, and then we walked inside this house.

"Whose house is this anyways?" I asked.

"My friend's house."

Oh no.

"Which friend?"

"Just a friend. Why the hell are you so curious?"

Then, he walked away. Yep, he just left me alone...in the middle of a party.

I need to find Austin.

I keep walking, deeper into the crowd. It smells like high-depth cologne and sweat. That's an interesting mixture.

I stop when I find myself somehow in the kitchen. This time there's no alcohol or anything. That's a good thing.

I noticed a boy talking to another guy. He had brown hair and brown eyes. Austin.

I walked up to the guy and tapped his shoulder.

He saw me.

"Ellie?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's me. Austin, can we please talk?"

He looked down at the floor and then back up at me and nodded.