Chapter 9: Meetings and Warnings

After Claire was asleep I changed out of my outfit and back into my Slytherin pajamas, grabbed my phone in case Alec called, threw my clothes in the hamper, and headed downstairs.

"The floor's yours Alexis." Sam said causing everyone to look at me -minus Jacob as he was on patrol.

"The disappearances and deaths that have been happening around Seattle aren't random. While I was with the guard today I was attacked by a newborn who was turned by the redhead. No we didn't kill him as he later on led us to where she was hiding out and Jane gave her an ultimatum." I say quickly. "I would've killed her but I did get a vision of her running through the forest with the Cullen's chasing after her this weekend. She eventually jumped onto our side and we gave chase as well."

"Do you know if we got her?" Quil asked.

"No. I was pulled out of the vision by Jane calling my name. If we don't get her when she comes and neither do the Cullen's then we will have another chance if and only if she ends up coming with her army to destroy the Cullen's and kill Bella, and the Cullen's ask for our help as they know nothing about the wolves. We have the element of surprise on our hands as she is playing with the blind spots on Alice's visions, but she never found out I was a copycat. She also doesn't think that the wolves and vampires will put aside their animosity and work together." I waited for anyone else to ask questions and wasn't really surprised when none did. "There is one more thing though. Don't think about this when you're around Edward as he doesn't know I went to Seattle let alone met with the guard and neither does Alice since I made the decision around you guys. Alice most likely got the same vision as I did but couldn't see the outcome as she can't see past the pack." No one questioned why I didn't want them to tell Edward knowing I still wasn't speaking to half the Cullen's since they returned. I let them take in the information and walked outside and grabbed all the shopping bags from today and brought them inside. I walked over to the couch and sat down while going through the bags and handing everyone their gifts. They all either hugged me or gave me a thankful smile. I smiled as the boys all crowded around the tv and began to play their game or watching until it was their turn until Sam finally made them all go home. I smiled at Emily and Sam as they went upstairs for the night before switching the tv over to the satellite. I turned the volume down as my phone started ringing and looked at the caller ID. I answered the phone with a roll of my eyes surprised that Alec had waited so long to call.

"I'm surprised you didn't call earlier love." I say with a smile.

"I wanted to give you enough time to hunt and have the meeting with those tribe guys that have legends about us." Alec responded, biting back a growl.

"Are you jealous?" I questioned my mate.

"No." He answered quickly. "What was it that had you so distracted when we were talking to the red-head?"

"A vision. She's gonna try and see if she can get through the Cullen's and I this weekend. Sadly, your sister pulled me out of it before I could see if we could catch her." I told him.

"What do you think?"

"I think she'll get away, and if she chooses to use her army to get to Bella that will be her final downfall." I tell him after I think about it.

"She's still human?"

"Yes. She had us vote for whether or not she'd be one of us the night we came back. That's when I passed along the message that the Volturi don't give second chances as I gave my vote. The sooner she's changed the better, but I think Edward wants to wait until after graduation though." I say honestly as I sit there on the couch I couldn't help but think of the broken expressions my family had when I pinned Bella to the wall that night.