Chapter 11: Party

As the days passed I talked to everyone but Edward and making sure to steer clear of the topic that concerned the Volturi. I made sure I had a wall up so Edward also couldn't get in my head if he was around while I was in the main house. I wasn't gonna be the one to apologize first as I had acted in self defense and the entire coven knew it. While Edward was at school and the guard in Seattle I helped set up for the coming graduation party Alice wanted to throw when I wasn't busy guarding Bella. Alec disliked the thought of me going weeks without hunting and would force me to go every time he saw my pitch black eyes. He would always come along and make sure I fed enough before he was satisfied and we'd return to the cottage. Luckily I had some time before the party, and I had fed the night before so I got some downtime while Alec went hunting himself. 

Both Jane and Luna had pulled me away from a book I was reading when I walked through the door after I returned from the main house an hour earlier. I sighed and thought it best not to argue with them. Luna worked on my hair while Jane did my makeup. Neither would let me see what they were doing and just to make sure they had one of the guys remove my mirror out of the room.

"Hair's done." Luna said. "I'll go get the dress." She quickly runs out of the room and into another area in the house, most likely the closet that was in the living room before she sped back into the room as Jane finished my makeup. I quickly stepped into the dress as Jane brought the mirror back into my room. I looked at my reflection and was shocked.

The dress was a one shoulder black to red with some silver on it. Jane handed me a pair of black and red heels that I quickly slipped on as I looked at the makeup. Jane had done a red smokey eye look that made my honey-gold eyes pop, keeping to the red and black look that I knew I'd already was getting used to.

"Something's missing." I say to myself. I turned around and walked over to my vanity table where the Volturi crest was. I placed it around my neck minding my hair as I didn't want to ruin the masterpiece. I turned back toward the mirror and smiled. "Perfect." I said as I pulled both girls into a hug before we headed out of the room. Demetri and Felix were the only ones in the living room. Both were amazed at the work Jane and Luna both did to get me into a dress as I rarely wore them. I heard the snap of a camera and sent a glare at Demetri.

"I promised him I'd get a picture of you in the dress." He said quickly. "We'll be out hunting while you're at the party, but Alec should be back here for the night."

I nod before we all walk outside and go our separate ways. By the time I got to the Cullen house the humans had begun to arrive. I mingled with a few of them before I caught sight of Embry and Quil flanking Jacob who was talking to Bella. I excused myself from Bella's human friends and walked over to the pack. I was only over there for a moment before I caught sight of Alice who was frozen on the steps. I looked into her mind and saw that Riley was passing around one of Bella's shirts she had told us was missing after the intruder. I sighed and we all moved into Carlisle's study. I blocked everyone out and delved into my own head making sure to reinforce the block on my mind. I couldn't believe that she had actually chosen to follow through on the ultimatum I gave her over a month ago. I looked around at the people who surrounded me and realized that the pack would fight. I had an even worse feeling than I did earlier. Someone was going to get hurt. We set up a time and place to train for the next few days before I headed back to the small cottage. I walked inside the house and sighed as I slipped off the high heels and placed them by the door before I moved into the living room and fell onto the couch next to Alec who was reading a book full of poems.

"How was the party?" He asked eyes still trained on the page.

"I played nice, but the army is coming." I tell my mate causing him to close the book and look at me. We were both silent for a few moments before he broke it.

"Are you going to fight?"

"Yes. They'll be here in 4 days, so Jasper is gonna train us to be prepared." I tell him while holding his hand. "Of course none of them know I already know how to deal with rampaging newborns thanks to Vlad and Stefan. I'll be fine Alec."

"Promise me that when we arrive you will be there standing with your family."

"I will be." I told him after I looked into the future so I could reassure him better. "I've gotta go soon for training."

"Stay here for now." He replies, pulling me into his arms. I nod tiredly after checking the time before inhaling his scent.

"I have to leave in about an hour." I tell him with a small sigh. I picked up the book that I had discarded earlier and started reading it, while Alec ran his fingers through my hair since I had taken it down on the way back.