Chapter 12: Training

When the others showed up 40 minutes later they found us on the couch wrapped in each other's arms. No one dared question me as I got up and finally walked into the bedroom. I looked around before forcing myself to move toward my closet and grabbed a red tank top and black leggings. I quickly removed the dress and changed into the clothes before grabbing my Nikes and put them on. I heard the door open but ignored it -knowing it was Alec- as I took the necklace off and placed it back on my vanity. I felt him wrap his arms around me as I brushed out my hair then placed it into a high ponytail. I leaned into my mate's touch dreading the minute I'd have to leave him to join my family. I turned around in his arms and placed a soft kiss on his lips before I moved out of his embrace and ran out of the cottage.

I was surprised to see that we were still waiting on the wolves to get there when I arrived. I saw everyone tense and turned to look where they were facing. Out of the woods came each pack member in their wolf forms. I went over to them and pet each of them after masking the scent of bleach with the scent they were used to when it came to me.

Carlisle looked between Edward and I trying to decide who would be better at translating for them. I rolled my eyes and growled at Edward when he offered. "They'd rather I do it, Cullen since they trust me." I growl at the bronze-haired boy. No one argued with me as the wolves nodded their heads in agreement. Carlisle welcomed them.

Since I had experience with newborns I quickly answered the packs questions surprising my family. "They are a great deal stronger than us as their own blood still lingers in their tissues. The only thing we have over them is that we aren't controlled by the bloodlust like they are." I look over to Carlisle to see if I left anything out.

"Our kind is never more physically powerful than our first few months in this life." Carlisle added before turning to Jasper.

"Alexis and Carlisle are right. That's why they're created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army." Jasper said as I joined his side after hearing him think towards me to help him teach. "And no human army could stand against them."

"The two most important things to remember are first never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly and you will lose." I say before Jaz has a chance. "The second is never go for the obvious kill."

Jasper called Emmett and the two began to spar. As I caught Emmett lose focus I spoke up with a roll of my eyes, "Never lose focus." Jasper manages to get behind Emmett with his teeth inches from Emmett's throat. Next was Edward and Carlisle and Jasper and I both reminded Edward to never turn his back on the enemy. Jasper and I watched as the rest of our family sparred. Finally he called my name and Edwards and for the first time since I walked into the clearing I smirked. It was a fight I was looking forward to.

"Rematch Masen." I said in a deadly calm voice as Edward moved toward the center. "My mate's not here to tackle me down this time."

I moved to the center of the field and strengthened the wall around my mind as I slipped into a crouch my face void of the smirk. I smirked as I saw Edward's confused look. I waited as he made the first move before I moved out of the way. I kept the smirk on my face as I watched Edward make his decisions only to second guess himself since he was unable to see what I was thinking. I ended up letting Edward get the upper hand before he messed up. Jasper -who was watching- walked by as Edward pinned me to the ground. With the movement Edward looked toward his adoptive brother. In a clear voice I spoke. "Never turn your back on your enemy." I reminded him once more before I quickly moved out from under Edward's hold and kicked him down. I quickly pinned him and smiled as he gave up. "And look at that I didn't lose control." I walked away from the bronze-haired boy.

"I'm not finished yet." Edward growled out as he began running toward me. I held out my hand letting the mist spring forward from my fingertips. Edward fell to the floor. I smiled when I heard the packs laughed through the link as my ability.

"Yes, you are. You lose Cullen." I said as I left the field. About a mile from the clearing I jumped into the trees and called out to the mist that still surrounded the boy, before I headed back to the cottage and into my mates arms.

Since the tension was too much between me and Edward I opted out of going to the training sessions over the next few days. I managed to talk both Felix and Demetri into training with me after they had to promise Alec they wouldn't hurt me too badly and I promised Luna I wouldn't hurt Demetri too badly either.

Jasper kept me up to date on the plan for the day of the battle. I laughed when I heard Edward wasn't fighting wanting to stay with Bella. The night before the battle though I found myself on another hunt with Alec accompanying me. I ended up overfeeding in case I had to use any of my abilities the next day. That night though I found myself sitting with the others trying to reassure them I'd be fine.

We all eventually began doing our own things as we waited for the sun to rise. I ended up grabbing my old sketch book and my pencils before I thought of what to draw. I finally decided to draw the pack when I first met them. At the time it was only Sam, Jared, Paul, and Embry so I only drew 4 wolves. When I caught sight of the first rays of daylight I had just finished up adding the small details.

 When I caught sight of the first rays of daylight I had just finished up adding the small details