Chapter 15: Bella's Pregnant

Two weeks had passed since the wedding and I had moved some of my things back into the Cullen house and began packing some of my stuff up and sent it off to Volterra with Alec. I was out on a hunt as I hadn't hunted since Alec left for Volterra when I got a call from Bella.

"Bella, what is it?" I asked upon answering.

"Lexis I need your help." Bella replied. From the sound of her voice I could tell she was scared.

"What's going on?" I questioned her.

"I'm pregnant. Edward wants Carlisle to get the baby out of me when we get home. I want to keep it." She explained. "Rose already agreed to help me, will you?" I smiled at the thought of having a niece or nephew. I could understand why Rose agreed so quickly since neither of us got the life we wanted and were forced into the immortal life. I had told her when we were sitting down one day my back story while Alice flitted around the rooms getting everything ready for the wedding, so Bella knew how much I had wanted to be a mother myself but that was back when we were on our way to save Edward. I was already set in my decision.

"Of course. No one will touch you. I'm gonna get back to the house and Rose and I'll meet you at the airport." I told her before hanging up and ran to the Cullen house where fighting had already ensued. "Enough!" I yelled at my family. "She wants to keep the baby, let her. You of all people should know that Rose would help protect Bella." I looked around the room. "Everyone in this room at one point wanted to have a baby, but because we're vampires we can't have any. Now Rose and I will get Bella from the airport. Someone else can bring Edward home."

Rose and I both walked out of the house and into the garage getting into Carlisle's car and sped off for the airport. "You told Bella how much you wanted a kid as well didn't you?" Rose asked me as we were waiting.

"Much like you I never asked for this life. I can see where Edward is coming from because we don't know what will happen, but I also know what it's like to want a child. Of course I wouldn't change it now as it led me to Alec. To answer your question though I did tell her. When Alice and I wanted her to get her mind off Edward when we were on our way to Volterra." I tell the blonde. "Here they come."

The two of us walk over to Bella and pull her away from Edward. I hissed at him when I caught wind of his thoughts. He glared at me and tried to speak, but I ignored him and led Bella out to the car while Rose got her luggage. Once Rose was back in the car I sped off toward the Cullen house. Half-way there though I caught sight of the Volvo with Alice driving.

We led Bella into Carlisle's makeshift office to see if he could see the baby. He couldn't even penetrate the embryonic sac. Rose and I stood guard over Bella while the others did research. We barely left her side in the week that passed. Bella had gotten worse with each passing day. She would talk to her father everyday and we fed him a lie that she caught some bug and was extending the honeymoon. She looked like a zombie, and was covered in bruises from the baby. The others refused to leave and made their case known hoping to change Bella's mind. I heard the engine of a motorcycle and smelled the familiar scent of one of the pack.

"Jacob." Carlisle said from downstairs. Rose moved in front of Bella as Jacob bounded up the stairs as I stayed next to her. Everyone else was spread out around the room with Edward behind the couch where we were sitting.

"I'm glad you came." Bella said barely above a whisper. He moves closer causing Rose to stop him. "It's okay Rose."

Jacob moves closer as Rose backs down. "You look terrible."

"Yeah it's great to see you too Jake." Bella told him.

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?" Jake asked.

"Lex, Rose do you wanna help me up?" Bella asked. I moved from beside her and grabbed the blanket off of her before Rose and I helped her off the couch. Jake took in the sight of a very pregnant Bella and bruised stomach as she pulled her shirt down, before he turned to Edward. I helped Bella sit back down and cover her back up to keep her warm as the fight began again. I rolled my eyes as my phone began vibrating on the couch. I gave Bella an apologetic smile before I went out of the room so I could answer the call from Alec far enough away from the argument.

We talked for a few moments before I had to return to Bella's side as Jacob left in anger. I went into the kitchen to make Bella something small to eat even though I knew it would be pointless as she had puked up everything else. In the distance I heard multiple howls and sighed. 'This isn't good.' I thought to myself as Bella once again puked. After some time had passed I heard the thundering heartbeat of two pack members.

"They're coming for Bella." Jake said as he walked back in after establishing a perimeter with Seth who had followed after the true alpha and Leah who left the pack to get away from Sam. "Sam's lost the element of surprise and he won't want to take you on outnumbered. So he's not gonna come at you head on."

"He's got the place surrounded." I say as I catch the thoughts of the others. "Even with the perimeter you've established Jake I can still hear them."

"He won't get through without a fight." Emmett said.

"No fights." Carlisle said quickly. "We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"It's void at least in Sam's mind." Jake and I say simultaneously.

"Not in ours." Esme said before Emmett brought up the big issue.

"No one's hunted in weeks other than Alexis." Emmett said. He was right. I had hunted the day Bella came home but everyone else hadn't since the day Alec left.

"We'll make due."

The three wolf members began patrolling around the house. Bella was sleeping while the others were researching once again. I winced as I heard another one of Bella's ribs crack before I picked her up and carried her to Carlisle's office with Edward already there. I left her there as Rose stood outside ready to defend Bella.

"Can you see it?" Rose asked me as the others listened in.

"Considering I can see the pack and Alice can't." I sighed. Since Alice could no longer see Bella's future I had started watching it myself. "I can see it. I can hear it's thoughts somewhat like I've been able to with Bella." I looked at Rose as Edward began yelling at Bella. "The baby isn't trying to hurt her. It's trying to be careful, but I can't think of a way for Bella to get the nutrition she needs." I finish up as Edward leaves the office. "I'll go run the water." I say as Rose gets Bella. I quickly go into the bathroom and run some water for Bella to shower. I closed the bathroom door where Edward was standing after Rose brought Bella into the room.

A few hours later we found ourselves back on the couch when it happened. Jacob -who was keeping Bella warm- had the thought and hopefully the answer we were looking for.

"If it's craving it's not gonna want animal blood." Edward spit out.

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella." Carlisle said, trying to diffuse the situation. He left the room and got a blood bag and poured it into a cup for Bella to drink. Everyone practically left the room at the smell of the blood. We waited with bated breath as Bella tried it.

I smiled as I saw some color returning to her skin and I heard her heartbeat get stronger. It was working. Bella talked to Charlie while I went outside to get some fresh air. I smiled as I heard Edward apologize to Bella before he finally began hearing the baby's mind.

After a while I decided to use Luna's ability to cover up the vampire scent and went in to make some food for Leah and Seth. Esme had offered Leah food earlier but she refused claiming she'd rather me be the one to make her food since she knew it wouldn't have a vampiric scent. I made another huge plate of sandwiches for both Leah and Seth before heading out the door and howled for them to come to me once I was close enough to the perimeter. I handed them the plate and ran back inside to see Carlisle lay out the last blood bag. He and Jake talked before a plan was made for Carlisle, Esme, and Emmett to go hunt so when it was time Carlisle would be at his strongest for when Bella had to give birth.