Chapter 19: Witnesses

It took me about a week to reach Romania. I almost had a run in with the Elite Guards, so it took me longer than I liked to reach my brothers. I also got sidetracked after hearing Alice and Jasper had left.

I was unsurprised to see that they were still living in the huge mansion. I walked in and smiled as I saw the huge portrait of the 3 of us. It was good to be home. I walked throughout the house and into the office where I knew they'd be.

"Oh, honey. I'm home." I said, causing both boys to look at me.

"Alexis?" They asked shocked before they rushed to hug me.

"What are you doing here?" Vladimir asked.

"We need your help. The Volturi are coming for the Cullen's because they believe we created an Immortal Child." I told them. "Before you ask no we didn't. Bella got pregnant on her honeymoon. She decided to keep the baby and at the last minute got changed. Her daughter is amazingly gifted. Edward is her biological father. Renesmee is half human half immortal." I explained to them while pulling out my phone to show them a recent picture. "I told Carlisle that you'd help. We need the Volturi to stop and listen and I know with you two there they will stop and be forced to listen."

I waited with bated breath for their answer. "We'll help." They finally said.

"Okay. I almost had a run in with the Elite guards on the outskirts of Romania but it should be fine to go now. And just so you know you're not to feed in Forks." I tell them as they quickly pack a bag. When they were ready we took off out the door and back toward Forks. This time around the trip only took 2 and a half days.

I rolled my eyes when the new puppies tried to catch us. We sped up before the boys finally jumped up into a tree and teased the puppies. I turned to face them and they stopped.

"Vladimir, Stefan." Carlisle said as the Cullen's joined us. "I'm surprised you made it with how long it took for Alexis to return."

"That was my fault Carlisle. I almost ran into the Elite Guards on my way to Romania so it took a little longer." I told the patriarch.

"We would've come anyway when word reached us that the Volturi were moving against you. Even without our sister coming to fetch us first." Vlad said.

"They don't care that we didn't do what we've been accused of." I say.

"We've waited a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged." Stefan said. I had to bite back a growl as he insulted my mate's coven as they still didn't know.

"It's not our plan to fight the Volturi." Carlisle told them.

"Shame. Aro's witnesses will be disappointed." Vlad told Carlisle. I turned to face my brothers before it dawned on me. That's why the Elite were so far from Volterra.

We all moved toward the house for a meeting. I looked around and took in the many familiar faces and copied their powers as well.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's not long before evidence turns up proving the coven committed a crime." Eleazar explained.

"So, he's done this before?" Bella asked.

"It happens so rarely I never realized it was a pattern." Eleazar elaborated.

"Apparently he always pardons one person who has whose thoughts he claims are repented." Carlisle added.

"This person always has an ability, and they are always given a place in the guard."

"This is about Alice and Alexis." Edward said. "He has no one like them."

I glared at my brother as both Vlad and Stefan hissed. "They won't touch Alexis."

"That's why she left." Bella stated, believing that was why Alice and Jasper ran.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett questioned.

"To spread the word that justice has been served. After he slaughters an entire coven." Alistair -a nomad with a tracking ability that is weaker than Demetri's- said.

Amun -the Egyptian leader- spoke up. "Benjamin, Tia we're leaving."

"And where will you go? What makes you think Aro will be satisfied with myself or Alice. What will keep him from going after Benjamin?" I asked the Egyptian. "Like he came for Demetri." I added after I saw his face flash through Amun's thoughts.

"Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift?" Edward added. "Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment its power. Acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight but I will. For the sake of my family, but also yours. And for the way you want to live." After Edward's speech everyone began standing and agreeing to fight if it came to that including Jacob.

"That didn't take much." Vlad whispered. I looked toward my brother and smirked before turning back around and looking at Edward. He sent me a small smile already knowing I was dreading when the snow would stick. I looked down at the ring that Alec had sent me. I smiled sadly before Renesmee came over to me.

"Come see Benjamin's gift Aunt Lexi." She said, pulling me outside. I smiled and met up with the young Egyptian vampire.

"You know I met your brother a while back." I told him as he showed me how to use his gift.

"I've heard many stories about the Volturi tracker." He told me. "I'd love to meet him."

"He's married to my sister." I told him. "The one that was sired by Stefan and Vlad years before they turned me." I added before he could ask. After that we were silent as I learned how to use his gift and then walked around learning everyone else's.

Bella was also learning how to expand her shield in case it came to a fight. Later that night I found myself in my room staring at my phone while Vlad and Stefan were out of Forks hunting.

"Your brothers don't know do they?" I heard the voice of Alistair.

I turned to face the nomad. "Don't know what?"

"The fact that you're a Volturi's mate, or that you agreed to join them after your brother's wife was turned from the sight of their crest over there." He said.

"They hate the Volturi. I don't need them to have a reason to hate me as well." I told the nomad tracker. "How did you know?"

"I overheard it not long after." He replied. "Don't worry though. Your secrets safe with me." With that he walked away.

I sighed and looked back at my phone hoping to see a message from Alec. I finally gave up and threw my phone onto my bed before jumping out of my room to go hunting.

Alec's POV

We were chasing a nomad vampire named Toshiro. We finally caught up to him in London. Using my gift to paralyze him I nearly killed him when Aro, Marcus, and Caius arrived.

"Alec?" Aro said. I looked at my master and sighed, pulling my gift back as Aro moved closer to Toshiro.

"I will never go against you." Toshiro said.

"Of course not, my dear Toshiro." Aro said softly while taking his hand. "It seems Carlisle is still expecting you."

Aro and the others walked away leaving the vampire to Jane and I. I looked to my twin and released my gift once more this time letting it kill him before Jane set him on fire.

When we returned to Volterra I went straight to my room. I thought about reaching for my phone to message my mate but decided against it. I knew she was messaging me but I refused to look at my phone. I refused to answer her until I learned the truth about this accusation against her.