Chapter 17: Jacob pisses off Bella

After Bella went on her first hunt and got control over herself mid-hunt toward a human and instead turned around to go deeper into the forest to hunt, both her and Edward returned to see Jacob standing outside the house. I watched from the window as Jacob sees if Bella can keep herself in control to be around her daughter. I looked back at the newborn child who looks a few months old rather than a few days. I move toward her and Rose after hearing her call for me through her thoughts. I place my finger in her hand as she smiles.

Bella enters the room and everyone welcomes her to the family. Rose and I turned so she could see her daughter. I smile at the newborn mother and child before slipping out of the room. I walked upstairs to my bedroom where I had placed a package and a letter from Alec when Bella left for her hunt that had arrived yesterday. I opened the letter first and read it.

'Alexis,

I can't wait for the day when you finally arrive in Volterra and stay. Aro heard that Bella has now joined the Cullen's as a newborn. He cannot wait for you to join the guard. I know you're most likely busy helping Bella from the lack of response to my messages. Along with this letter is a gift. Jane helped me pick it out. I hope you like it.

I hope to see you soon love.

Forever yours,

Alec'

I smiled and quickly opened the small package. Inside was a simple crown shaped black ring with red diamonds. There was another note in the box.

'I promise no matter what to always stay by you Alexis Dawn. Until the end of eternity.'

I smiled and slipped the ring on my hand and sent a simple text to Alec telling him I loved it. I finally left my room as night fell and Alice and a few others returned from setting up the small cottage for Bella and Edward. I moved over to Bella and took my niece before Rose had a chance. I cooed at the small child who showed me her day upon placing her hand on my cheek. I sent a smirk over to Jacob when I saw Bella's reaction about him imprinting on her daughter.

"Happy birthday." Alice said as she handed walked over to Bella. Alice leads Bella out of the house with Edward behind toward her birthday present after Bella told her she stopped aging 3 days ago.

"That's pretty." Rose said. I looked over at her before looking at the ring.

"A gift from Alec." I told her. I saw Renesmee yawn and began humming the same lullaby I once sang to Claire. I held her through the night since she tended to sleep in our arms. When little Renesmee woke up the next morning Rose took her outside after I fed her.

"Where's Renesmee?" I heard Bella say.

"Blondie stole her." Jake said.

I rolled my eyes, "Specify Jacob. I'm blonde as well." I tell the shifter before turning to Bella. "Rose took her outside."

We were about to turn back around and watch Rose when the phone rang. I knew that it was Charlie even before Bella asked.

"He's been calling twice a day." I heard someone say from behind me.

I blocked it out and took a deep breath. We were gonna have to leave Forks. I heard the door slam and noticed Jake had left. When he returned he told us that Charlie was on his way. I glared at the wolf before I had to rush upstairs and get a set of contacts for Bella. I tossed them to Alice while Edward yelled at Jacob. Pissing off the newborn mother twice within a day was never smart.

"You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us." Bella said.

"They won't find out. Besides Jake only told him about the pack not the vampire coven." I said causing all eyes to be on me. "When we went to Volterra to save Edward, Aro looked into my mind. He looked deep enough but he hit a wall. That wall was protecting the pack. Caius had a thing about exterminating werewolves centuries ago if Aro found out and told Caius he would've led an army here to end the tribe. When I found out I could do that with Aro I started to keep you out of my head as well Edward." I looked around at everyone. "I'm just gonna go outside and hang out with Leah." I said lowly before walking away.

I jumped up into a tree and closed my eyes. I was worried over how fast Renesmee was growing and I knew the others were as well. I knew that'd it also be longer until I went to Volterra to join my mate and I hated the fact that I couldn't tell him why. No one had ever heard of a human and a vampire having a child before.

September faded into October and October faded into November. The Volturi had accepted Bella's new status and sent her an expensive necklace with a note congratulating her on her immortality. Renesmee now looked to be about 5-6 years old. Time was against us all it seemed.