24 - Shower

As soon as Ellie entered the Burrow, she was immediately met with an excited Mrs. Weasley, who brought the girl in for a bear hug.

"Ellie, dear!" Molly exclaimed joyfully. "I didn't get to see you when you first came! How are you and your mum?"

"I'm doing great... and she's doing well," Ellie replied politely, glancing back to see that Hermione entered as well.

Molly tilted her face in a motherly gesture. "Did the boys give you a hard time?"

Ellie chuckled lightly, ignoring the look Hermione shot at her. "No, no. They were just fine. We had fun out there."

"Well, I'm glad. You all were rather quick out there. When Fred and George were training Harry, they didn't come in until Arthur practically interrupted their game." Molly threw her hands up in the air in exasperation. "The twins are a rough duo! I do hope they went easy."

"They were a challenge," Ellie admitted. "But it's nothing I can't handle."

"A brave girl you are," Molly smiled proudly. "Gryffindor would have lucked out with you."

"I'd assume justice and loyalty triumphed," the Hufflepuff added before motioning to her disheveled appearance. "Is it okay if I freshen up here? I won't be long."

"Yes, of course! I shouldn't have kept you too long. I'll send up some fresh clothes for you. Hermione, can you show her to the bathroom?"

Ellie smiled in gratitude as Hermione led her up to the third floor. The Hufflepuff stepped inside while the other stood just opposite of the door frame.

Hermione let out a worried sigh as she brought her hand up to cradle Ellie's cheek.

"You don't have to be worried," Ellie pleaded as she placed her hand over Hermione's. "I told you, I'm okay."

"My love, you really expect me to believe that you have no injuries?"

"Yes, I do. Because I don't feel anything, neither do I see anything."

"That's hard to believe," Hermione stated as she scanned her girlfriend's body for any visible injuries. She spoke even lower now, mostly to herself. "It just doesn't make any logical sense. I heard something break. I don't understand how you're still walking."

Ellie stared into Hermione's eyes, who sought logic in the impossible. "Come inside, I know you need the proof."

Hermione nodded as she entered the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind her. She waited for Ellie to speak, cautious of any possible harm she could inflict.

This next scene contains mature content. If you are not comfortable, please skip to the next chapter.

Ellie began to remove her shirt, pulling it up over her head. She removed her bottoms as well, leaving her in her undergarments, never once breaking eye contact with her girlfriend.

"I don't have anything you're looking for," Ellie spoke softly. "Feel for yourself."

Hermione inhaled deeply as she brought her fingers to Ellie's shoulders first, tracing down her arm. Her other hand rubbed across the Hufflepuff's collarbone, then to her sternum, pressing lightly to test.

"Does that hurt?" Hermione whispered.

"Not at all."

Hermione continued with one hand wrapped around Ellie, tracing down her spine. She continued to ask if her girlfriend experienced any pain, being gentle at what she thought hurt most.

Ellie smiled warmly as Hermione finished her inspection. "See? I'm perfectly fine."

"It just doesn't make sense... how you don't have a scratch on you."