CHAPTER SEVEN

VII

VII. PAPER THIN CURTAINS

[ cw:  implied sex ]

Amara woke up, Natasha's white comforter wrapped around her. It was the middle of the night, and the moon was hitting Natasha's skin, in a grey-blue light. Natasha mumbles something and rolls over, so her front is to Amara's back. It was about a week after they'd started dating, and Amara was already taken away by Natasha (even more than before). 

Amara's body ached, she'd been having more vigorous training at work lately, among other things... Natasha woke up, obviously feeling Amara stir.

"You're awake," Natasha states. "wherefore?" Natasha wraps her arms around Amara, who just smiles at her girlfriend.

"I don't know. Maybe my brain just wanted to look at you," Natasha kisses Amara's neck gently.

"I'm down with that anytime mon Coeur, but you should get some sleep. you haven't been sleeping lately," Natasha, mumbles. Amara reaches up and touches her hair, wrapping it around her finger. "C'mon, Let's go back to sleep."

☾☼☽

Natasha woke up before Amara in the morning. Amara had rolled onto her stomach, and she was fast asleep. The sun hit her skin, making it glow. Natasha watches as her back rises and falls. Her hair billowing around her head. The bottom half of her body is covered by the comforter. She has light freckles over her body, they're not dark, they just lightly cover her skin. 

The biggest thing to notice on her back was her tattoos. They were wings. They started on her spine and went onto her arms, ending at her mid to lower bicep. The rose gold chain was around her neck too, Natasha found that there was a small rose attached to it. She'd seen the full thing last night when... 

Natasha brushed her hair out of her face with her finger. Just as she was about to get up, Amara rolled over and pulled Natasha down by her hips.

"mmmm," She says. "Stay." Natasha lies back down. she traces little circles on her girlfriend's back and eventually falls asleep.

☾☼☽

The thing that woke them both up for real was Amara. She sat straight up, and screamed, tears running down her face. Natasha takes the crying girl's face in her hands. She brushes the tears away with her thumbs, and she relaxes without Natasha having to say a word.  Amara sighs and wraps her arms around her girlfriend. She rests her head on Natasha's shoulder.

"I'm right here, I'm here baby," Natasha says, rocking Amara back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth. Amara's breathing slows, but not enough that she's asleep. 

"Thank you," Amara says. "For everything." Natasha climbs out of bed, after kissing her. "Nat, you can't do this- don't tease me!" She climbs out of bed and places a kiss on Natasha's lips. she puts on a shirt, some of Natasha's shorts. Natasha puts on shorts and a tank top, one hat makes Amara blush. 

"Hon you've seen all of this," she moves her hands along her torso and hips. 

"God, you are beautiful," Amara says, amazement lacing her words. 

"So are you. I had fun last night," Natasha says. Amara smiles and walks into the kitchen.  Natasha follows her. "What are you making me for breakfast?" 

"Bold of you to assume I'm making breakfast," She says. Natasha raises her eyebrows. "Okay, pumpkin waffles." 

"Ooh, I'm intrigued. Tell me more," Natasha replies, a smirk on her face. 

"Nah, you are just going to wait. Or..." Natasha raises her eyebrows. "You can help me."

Natasha grins. She doesn't end up helping her, she just sat on the counter, and occasionally gave her kisses. Amara hums, as she pours the waffles in, Natasha comes up behind her and nuzzles her neck. Amara blushes and pushes her away. 

"Babe, you can't do that. I have hot things in my hands." She takes some batter on her finger and puts it on Natasha's nose. Natasha gasps and puts whipped cream on her nose. She then kisses it off and attempts to lick her own off. Amara gives her a look and takes it off with her finger. She licks her finger and smiles. Natasha glares at her, but kisses her eventually, and watches her make the waffles. 

"So, are we going to do something today?" Amara asks. "Or we could just hang out here and watch some movies, when I say watch I don't mean pay attention. We'll probably just make out." she hands Natasha a plate, where she gets a waffle and puts Nutella on it. 

"It's true, but I'd rather walk somewhere with you, and we can hold hands without you dropping it again." Natasha takes a bite of her waffle, Amara smiles sarcastically at her.

"Yeah, we can do that. Where to?" 

"I was just thinking we could walk around some. Find an adventure," Natasha says with a shrug. Amara was eating her waffle. 

"I've already found an adventure," Amara whispers as she finishes using the waffle batter. 

"Oh?" Natasha raises her eyebrows. 

"Yeah, you." 

"Awww how cute!" Natasha says. "You're my adventure too. why don't you go change and I'll clean up here, we can go when you're ready." 

"K, I'll be back." Amara ran to her apartment and put on a pair of high rise black jeans and a light blue ruffled crop top. She fluffed her hair and put on some makeup, and met her girlfriend in the hallway. 

"You ready?" Natasha asks. 

"Always."

☾☼☽

"So, What's your favorite season?" Natasha asked. It was a bit chilly and they were walking with their arms around each other. Well, Natasha had her arm around Amara, and Amara had her head on Nat's shoulder. 

"Hmm, Fall probably, What about you?" She reaches out and links their fingers together, pulling away from Natasha's embrace. "It's easier to walk this way."

"Uh, probably winter."

"Ooh! I got a good one, say you got locked in a mall overnight, what would you do first?" Amara asks. 

"Ooh, Probably steal some shit."

"Of course you would." 

"You know me, babe. What would you do?"

"Same darling. I'd steal some shit."

☾☼☽

I don't write smut, don't ask for it <3