CHAPTER FIFTEEN

XVI

XVI. SO GAY

Natasha lay on her bed, legs propped up against the wall. She was waiting for Amara to come home so she could ask the question that'd been pressing her mind all week. The air was getting colder, there were no leaves left on any trees in the city. 

Natasha's window was open slightly, she could hear the rush of the cars and the people outside. It was a warm November day, A rarity at that. The curtains were blowing in the wind, allowing a fall cent inside. 

"Babe!" Amara calls. "I'm home!" Natasha gets up and basically sprints to lift her. Natasha walked her to the counter so she could set down the grocery bags. Amara wraps her legs around Nat's waist, kissing her. "Hey," She says, slightly out of breath. "You're a really good kisser." Natasha sets her down on the counter, looking at her with intensity. 

"I love you," She says. Amara reaches out and touches her cheek. 

"What are you thinking about?" Amara asks. Natasha bites her lip. 

"Can we move in together?" Natasha asks after an exhale. 

"yes." She gets her answer instantly.

"What?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes. I want to move in with you Natasha," Natasha smiles. She'd been doing that a lot lately, and Amara was loving it. 

"Okay, Let's do it then."

☾☼☽

"What do you want me to do?" Clint asks. Natasha puts her hair up into a ponytail, as she props open Amara's door and her own. 

"Grab some boxes we're moving stuff," She says. They'd sold Natasha's apartment, and had gotten everything (mostly) packed, she was literally just moving down the hall. Clint and Maria were helping them (Clint probably only did it for the pizza). They move the small boxes at first, trying to see how much Clint can carry (his record was 7) seems to have turned into a drinking game.

"NATASHA!" Amara yelps. "Spider!" Natasha swoops in with a tissue and takes the spider off the wall without saying a word. Maria just looks upon them in awe. 

"That was a big one," Nat says, tossing it into the trash. 

"That's what she said," Amara whispers. Natasha wraps her arm around Amara's waist, pulling her into her body. She mumbles something into Amara's hair, and they break apart, grabbing a few boxes.

After all the boxes were moved, they started carrying the furniture Natasha was keeping, needing a bit of help with the dresser and the yellow plush chair. Once those were moved, they ordered pizza and started a movie. Natasha held Amara close on the couch, Clint sat in the yellow armchair from Nat's apartment and Maria sat on the floor in front of the couch.

"You know, This movie is amazing, I can't believe I've never seen it before," Clint states. Natasha nods. 

"We watch it all the time now," Amara says. 

"How much watching do you actually do?" Maria demands. Amara shrugs. 

"It really depends," Nat says, placing her head back onto Amara's shoulder. They'd been mumbling to each other in french throughout the whole movie, neither Clint nor Maria noticing.

"Do you guys need anything else?" Maria asks with a yawn. 

"No, you can head home if you'd like," Natasha says. Clint and Maria both head out, Amara and Natasha almost immediately collapsing and falling asleep on their bed. 

☾☼☽

"mmm, babe?" Natasha mumbles, rolling over. Amara doesn't move, and Natasha looks at her for a moment. Peacefully sleeping, hair sprawled out, her eyes closed. Her lips were slightly pursed, but she was serene. 

Amara made Natasha happy. She lit p every room she walked into and brought light and meaning into Nat's life. Natasha loved her with all her heart, and she was willing to tell the whole world. 

Amara grumbled something, rolling over and reaching out for Natasha. Natasha reached back and pulled Amara towards her. "I love you," Amara murmurs, touching Natasha's face gently. Natasha smiles slightly. Amara rested her head on Natasha's chess so she could look up at the beauty before her.

"I love you too," She says back, her voice quiet. Amara exhales gently. Neither of them falls asleep, they just look at each other. Amara bites her lip. 

"Are you real?" Amara asks. Natasha gives her a smirk and a nod

"are you?"

"I'm just scared I'll wake up one morning and realize you weren't ever the love of my life, and-"

"The love of your life?"

"I think so." Natasha smiles and presses a kiss on Amara's lips. Amara laces her fingers with Natasha's looking into her eyes. They were bright green, with a little bit of blue in them, making her stand out in a crowd. 

Natasha was so appealing to so many people. She was a spy who worked in seduction, and she chose Amara. The girl who could fit into a crowd, not standing out at all. Natasha picked her out of all of those seven billion people. She was chosen by the Natasha Romanoff; her Natasha Romanoff.

Natasha knew this was serious. They were living with each other, but Amara just called her the love of her life. Natasha didn't know what to say to that, but Amara was the love of her life too. Natasha could definitely see herself spending the rest of her life with Amara. Maybe they could get married (In Canada if America couldn't sort their shit out). She knew the feelings were mutual, and it didn't scare her. She wanted what clint and Laura had. She wanted a family, a chill life, maybe even a summer home. She wanted a little one running around, she wanted to kiss in the kitchen of their first house. She wanted a house by the lake where she could take her kids swimming while Amara sat on the side of the lake reading and laughing at them. 

But she knew deep down, it could never happen.