CHAPTER NINE

IX

IX. BALLGOWNS AND CHAIR FLIPS

Amara sighed as she sat at the vanity in her hotel room. It was eerily silent, and it was missing the glow that Natasha would add to a room. She looked at the dress that was hanging on the closet door, taunting her. It was a spaghetti strap, black gown with two other straps crossing her chest. It flared out a bit, but the biggest thing that made Amara nervous was the slit in the leg that went all the way to her upper thigh. Natasha hadn't seen it, and of course, She would want a picture of the dress. 

It mocks her. She knows that she'll be able to dance in it, and she'll look good, but there's only one person she wants to dance with dressed in the dress. She really liked Natasha and was having a good time. They were going on dates, watching movies, doing the dating things that people do. She wanted to talk to Natasha, she missed her girlfriend. 

"Hello?" Natasha Asked when she answered the phone. 

"Hey, Nat, You busy?" Amara questions, moving to the vanity. 

"Not at all Mon Chéri. What's up?" Natasha takes a seat on the couch, the long-awaited phone call is finally here. Nat missed her Amara like crazy and wanted to talk for a while. Natasha knew she had to be at the gala in a little bit. 

"Oh, I'm just getting ready... should I do neutral lip or bright red?" she asks, working on her eyeshadow, attempting a smokey eye. "whyyyyyyy?" She groans. 

"What's going on?" Natasha asks. 

"My eyeshadow won't blend- wait, I got it." Natasha laughs from the other end. "Okay, this eye is done... Do I need falsies?'

"Babe, you are working with men. Men are shallow and you want to look straight... go for it." 

"But I'm not straight!" Amara whines as she blends the other eye. "And I don't want to dance with anyone but you!" Natasha smiled a bit. 

"I wish I could join you over there, but it's your mission, and I miss you. I'll see you tomorrow?" Amara smiles as she puts on her fake lashes, adding mascara. 

"I miss you," She leans back, admiring her work. "Boom! Makeup is done!" She stood, and looked at herself. She didn't recognize herself, and she was just wearing a robe. "Babe, I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Bye!"

After putting on the dress, she looked secured her gun into her thigh holster. The best part about this dress was the fact that the skirt would tear off, showing a smaller skirt below, making it easier to fight if she needed to. 

☾☼☽

Amara sat in the ballroom, the chandelier hanging above her. She knew her escape plan if she had to. She had an earpiece, Maria talking to her through it. 

It was a solo Mission, but Maria was taking the information from Amara as she went about her night. She was the perfect spy for the job. She wore a pair of black heels, making her seem taller (Beauty standards amirite). She could run in heels luckily, and she knew her stuff. 

"Te gusta Bailar mi dama"//Would you like to dance m'lady?// A man asks. It took Amara all she had to not gag. He had a scruffy beard and wore a suit. Let's just say he didn't rock the combover toupee. 

"Si,"//Yes//. She was led over to the dance floor by "bad toupee guy". She was pulled close to the man who reeked of ax body spray mixed with... Was that old spice? men.

"What's a lady like you doing here all alone?" The man asks. Amara knew this question was coming, and she already had her answer prepared. 

"Oh, you know, just looking for an eligible bachelor," She says with a (fake)  grin. 

"Wait, aren't you gay?" Coulson askes through her earpiece. She ignores this comment. 

"It's a cover story dumbass," Maria responds. 

"So what are you doing with your organization here?" she asks. The man smiles. He shows his yellow teeth, a color that looks horrid with his skin tone. 

"We transport weapons to organizations like Stark Industries, Black Crowe networks, and other organizations like that. We also are a big user of Stark Industrie's weapons, and we do a lot of their under the table work as well." 

"Do tell me more," She says. 

"What's your name doll?" Amara shudders. 

"Angel Seroff sir. How many weapons do you produce?" 

"Well, we do a lot of nuclear weaponry and we produce about five million bombs a day. We also produce guns, miss Angel. Would you follow me?" She does so, and soon realizes it was a bad decision. They bring out their guns, placing one on Amara's head. she tears off her skirt, tossing it to the side along with her shoes. 

"Don't move," One of the men say. Bad toupee guy Redies some rope and a chair. This will be fun. she gets thrown into the chair and tied to it. She sighs. 

"Who are you really darling?" Bad toupee guy asks. 

"I told you. Angel Seroff." She shifts as if she's struggling, and she feels the cool metal of the gun on her temple again. 

"Tell us your name!" The other man says. He has dark hair that's in a buzz cut, a monocle on his eye.

"I did. If you weren't so obsessed with my name, we would actually get stuff done here." The gun is removed from her temple. 

"Who do you work for?"

"SHEILD, sir."

"What are you doing there?"

"I don't know sir." 

"Don't play dumb Angel," He says. She can feel the cool metal on her forehead again. It doesn't scare her anymore. 

"But sir, that's what I do best!" She ducks her head just before the gunshot goes off, and she smiles. "Okay, now I'm angry." She stands in the chair, hitting the man holding the gun, and making him drop it. "You probably should've seen who you were working with here before you tried to kill me." She flips the chair, shattering it, just as bad toupee guy grabs his gun. She takes her's out of her thigh holster, and shoots the guy's leg. He falls, and Amara places her foot on his chest. She shoots the Monocle man, him slumping to the ground. The man with the gun had bitten his cyanide and was also slumped to the floor. 

"What do you have against SHIELD?" She asks calmly. "What do you have planned?" 

"We were going to bomb the facility, and then we'll take Fury down." 

"So you're going for the agents?" He looks shocked. "Thank you for your cooperation." she grabs her shoes and her skirt, tying it back around her waist. and putting on her shoes. She walks through the ballroom

"Maria, can you be here with the quinjet in an hour?" She asks, hailing a cab outside.

"Already on it Amara."