Unspoken

A/N: Hi everyone! This one-shot is based on the song, "Unspoken" from the show, "Elena of Avalor". I highly recommend listening to it while reading it since there is dialogue in-between the lyrics. Enjoy! (P.S. Yes, Elena and Adora have the same voice actress)

--------------------------------------------

Catra shifted in her bed on the spaceship. "Ugh, can I not sleep without Adora now?", she sat up and shook her head. "Can't believe I'm about to do this" she got up and grabbed her blanket. She walked out of her room and walked down the long hallway of the spaceship, "Now to remember which one" she looked at the different doors. "Maybe it's this one" she stopped herself from opening the door. "No, wait... I shouldn't go in there. What if she's already asleep? I don't want to wake her up. I'm just not going to do it", she turned to walk away. "But, then again... how am I going to sleep? Maybe she isn't asleep yet", she looked at the door. "Does she miss me as I miss her? Ugh fine, I will do it" she walked to the door and opened it. She opened the door to see Adora standing in the mirror, brushing her hair.

Adora turned around quickly, with her hands still in her hair, locking eyes with feline's mismatched ones. "Catra?" she took the brush and her hands out of the silky, blonde hair. "Are you okay?"

A stiff and soft chuckle came out of Catra's mouth. "Yeah", I just wanted to see if you were still awake." she walked over to the blonde's bed and sat on the edge.

Adora chuckled, "Yeah, I'm still awake." She set the brush down on the table as she sat down in her chair. Sighing, she said, "I haven't been able to sleep well lately." she admitted in a soft tone.

Catra nodded and rubbed the back of her neck, "Me neither" she admitted. She looked at the hairbrush on the blonde's table. She chuckled softly.

Adora smiled softly, "What? Do you want me to brush your hair?" she picked up her golden hairbrush. "Just like old times?"

Catra laughed, "Why not, princess?" she got comfortable on the bed.

Adora chuckled and sat down next to her. She started to brush the feline's short hair but seem to have a bit of a hard time, "Wow, you still have a lot of knots...just like when you had your long hair"

Catra blushed softly, "Well, at least it won't be much of a problem for a while," she said to lighten the mood.

Adora snickered, "I know, besides... I like your short hair" she tried not to pull on the feline's hair.

Catra chuckled, pausing before speaking, "Remember when you tried to brush my hair after that one training session in the mud when we were teens?"

Adora giggled, "Oh there was so much dirt in your hair that I had to brush your hair several more times after you showered" she finished up. "There, good as new", she smiled.

Catra smiled more and turned to face the blonde. She bit her lip, "I know that you just finished brushing your hair, but can I...?" she trailed off as she pointed to the brush in Adora's hand.

Adora blushed lightly and nodded, "Okay" she turned around

Catra took the brush and ran it through the blonde's silky hair. She blushed as she took in the blonde's familiar scent. It had changed since she left Adora left the Horde, but she always got a whiff of her new scent when they would fight or talk during the war. Roses and lavender, she soon to recognize it. "I was always so jealous of your hair", she admitted.

Adora chuckled, "Really? Is that why you always grew your hair?"

Catra nodded, "Yeah, I don't know exactly why maybe because you always looked good with it" she froze as she heard what she just said. She blushed madly and put the brush down.