Chapter 2

"Good morning Tobio-Kun!" I say, running out my house. He stands on the pavement, in between our houses. I carry two bags with me, instead of my usual one.

"Since when are you allowed to use my first name?" Kageyama scowls at me.

"When you started calling me by mine." I cross my arms, pouting. "I've literally known you for years."

"Don't." He turns his back, walking in the direction of the school.

"Okay. Kageyama-ku-"

"You can't call me that either." He calls out, completely void of any emotion. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, I just won't call you anything." I huff out a breath, catching up and walking beside him.

"Oh! Wait, before I forget again." I grab his arm, making him stop walking.

"Geez, what is it now?" Kageyama grumbles. I ignore him, opening my bag and pulling out the bento box I prepared for him.

"I got note that today's practice turned into a series of practice matches with two other schools. You didn't pack food did you? What would you do without me Kageyama-Kun?" I bat my lashes at him, extending my arms for him to take the food.

"Huh, so you are useful. Sometimes." He grabs the bento box, a small smile plays on his lips, but it's gone as soon as it appears.

"Kageyama-Kun." I whine, hitting his shoulder. "I do so much for you and you don't care."

"Who said I don't care?" He tilts his head at me.

"Me!" I exclaim, hitting him again.

"You're right. I don't." He shrugs, starting to walk off.

I huff out a breath. I was already tired of walking. Trying to keep up with Kageyama and having this extra bag with extra weight was really doing something to me. I look at Kageyama's retreating form and get a wonderful idea. I run, full speed, until I catch up to him. I jump onto his back, wrapping my legs around his waist, and my arms around his chest.

"Thanks for the ride, Tobio-Sama!" I tease.

"H-Hey- wait. Did you just say sama?" He turns his back back to look at me, raising an eyebrow. I smirk, nodding. I knew this would boost his ego, letting me ride him all the way to school.

"Yes. Tobio-Sama. You're so strong, you know you can build great stamina carrying someone all the way to school?" I know exactly what I'm doing, and it seems to work because he holds onto my legs.

"Osu!" He yells, starting to make his way to school again. For some reason, I feel like he's going faster than his usual walking pace.

~~~

"We're here!" I squeal excitedly, jumping off of Kageyama's back. He looks exhausted.

"Now this is why you should eat the food I packed for you. It will give you lots of energy. Good luck today Kageyama!" I ruffle his hair, quickly taking off to find other members of the volleyball team.

I walk around the school, finding Daichi, Suga, and Asahi together. They seem to be talking about something serious.

"Excuse me senpais." I interrupt their conversation, bowing at them. "Sorry to bother." I smile slightly.

"Nonsense Asami-San! We were actually just talking about you. What did you need? We want to ask you something important after." Daichi smiles at me. My eyes widen. I hope I didn't do something wrong.

~

I finally find my last round of people. I've been searching for Tsukishima and Yamaguchi for 10 minutes. I made everyone a bento box today, knowing that they'd be at school longer than usual and they probably weren't prepared. Most of the guys were super grateful, and seemed a little too excited to accept the food. I walk into the class the two boys should be in, and immediately spot them. Their teacher isn't here yet, but some students are already in their seats, conversing with one another. As I step in, it gets quiet.