Chapter 12

Warmth. That's all I feel right now. I'm not sure why my body decided to wake up right now, but I would like to go back to sleep. It's so warm...

I feel a pair of lips lightly come in contact with my forehead, and I smile.

"Good morning." I mumble, opening my eyes to meet with Kageyama's dark blue ones.

"Good morning sleepy." He says, chucking. His voice is slightly husky, I love his morning voice.

"What time is it?" I ask as I cuddle further into him.

"Almost 10." He informs, placing a short kiss on my lips.

"Why is it so late? You usually have an alarm on." I frown. "What about morning practice?"

"We were both tired by the time we went to sleep last night. You looked so peaceful when you went to bed so I turned off my alarm. Practice ended up getting canceled anyways, we have the weekend off." My heart pounds and heat pools in my stomach at the mention of last night. All I can think about is-

"I hope you don't mind, I dressed you this morning. I didn't want you getting too cold, you'll get sick." He frowns, placing a hand on my cheek.

"I don't mind." I look down at my clothes. Well, his clothes. I'm just wearing one of his tshirts and my underwear. "Thank you." I press my lips against his cheek.

"You're welcome." He blushes. I look up at him but all I can see is flashbacks of last night. My face goes red immediately and I bury myself in his chest.

"What's wrong?" He laughs.

"Nothing!" I say, a little too quickly for something to not be wrong.

"Look at me." He pokes my shoulder, making me squirm.

"I can't. I'm embarrassed." I mumble against his chest.

"Embarrassed of what?" I feel him lay his palm against my back, rubbing slowly. "Last night?" He questions, and I nod.

"Oh..." His voice trails off, he sounds hurt. I feel his body tense beside mine and he stops rubbing my back. "You're embarrassed of what we did? Do you regret it?" My eyes widen and I quickly sit up.

"No, no that's not what I meant." I say, and his facial expression almost breaks my heart. He looks defeated. I lean down and cup his cheeks. "I don't regret it at all. I'm embarrassed because I feel more conscious of myself and when I look at you things we did just replay in my head and I get flustered. Okay?" I speak fast so I can try to get all my words out before he starts jumping to conclusions.

He takes one of my hands off of his cheeks and presses a light kiss to my palm.

"Oh, okay." He chuckles and I let out a sigh of relief. "You don't need to get all shy around me though. I'm the same me." He tilts his head into my hand. I smile at that.

"Yeah." I say and lean down to kiss him.

"Mine! I got it!" Nishinoya yells as he digs the servers receive.

"Nishinoya-San nice receive!" The boys on the bench yell out to him. The pass goes perfectly to Kageyama and I see him have a mental war in his head about who to pass to.

The team they're playing against hasn't been making it easy for them to win. They have really good blockers, so some of our hitters have been getting shut down. But he's been consistently tossing to outside, and right now the blockers are already shifting there so he sees that as an opportunity.

"Hinata!" He yells at the boy who's already in the air, and sets backwards to him.

The ball goes from Kageyama's hands, to Hinatas hands, to the floor of the opposing court, in less than a second.