Chapter 21

"Asami!" Kageyama yells. He just received a hit from Asahi, but it is off a bit. I quickly run across the court and jump, setting it backwards to him.

"Sorry, it's a bit off!" I call out to him and look back just in time to see him flying in the air, and hitting the ball down onto the other side of the court, Nishinoya diving for it but not getting there in time since he was on the opposite side.

"All right!" I cheer, landing on the ground. I run back to Kageyama and hug him.

"That was really good!" I say and he laughs.

"That was a good set, you shouldn't have apologized for it." He smiles.

"I would hate to play a 2 on 2 against you guys." Suga calls from the side. "It's like having two Kageyama's. It's scary."

"Again!" Nishinoya demands, bending his knees to be in the receiving position. "Asahi, let's break these kids!"

"Nishinoya...I don't think that's possible." Asahi slumps his shoulders.

"Shut up and get ready to spike some balls. You're our Ace!" Noya grins and Asahi bites his lip, a smile forming onto his face.

I walk over to the serve line and take 9 steps back, part of my routine when I jump serve. I close my eyes, spinning the ball in my hands. I open them and look for Kageyama's signal.

He holds up 6 fingers behind his back, alright. Serve to spot 6. I throw the ball up, running and jumping before hitting it to the spot he told me to.

It looks like it's about to hit the floor but Nishinoya dives and gets the ball up high.

"Don't set it Asahi! Hit!!" Noya calls, watching him as he gets up.

Asahi take a few steps back, watching the ball. He quickly looks at the court and I see him glance at a spot where I'm not covering. I quickly go in that direction as he does his approach. The direction of his body, the way his hand is, I'm in the perfect position to receive this hit.

But it doesn't come to me. Midair he turns his body and hits a line shot instead. He tricked me. I try to run and dive for the ball, and it hits my hand but bounces off behind me. I groan when I see the ball go behind me and hit the floor with a closed fist.

"Nice kill Asahi!" Nishinoya jumps on him, ruffling his hair.

Kageyama reaches a hand down and helps me up.

"I totally thought he was going for a cross shot." I pout and Kageyama laughs.

"I thought so as well. When I realized he moved it was too late." He chuckles.

"Asahi you're truly our ace!" Hinata calls off to the side, looking emotional.

"It was a really good receive from Noya too." Tanaka pretends to wipe a tear away.

"But how did Asami manage to touch the ball?" Ennoshita shakes his head. "She was on the other side of the court, and Asahi's spike has a lot of power in it."

"If Asami was a guy, our team would definitely be different." Coach Ukai grins.

"If Asami was a guy..." Hinata giggles and covers his mouth. "If she was a he...wouldn't that make Kageyama gay?!" He says and is thrown into a fit of laughter.

"Hinata boke!" Kageyama yells and runs off to hit Hinata, but he runs away laughing.

"Kageyama I'd support youuuuu!" Hinata yells as he runs off.

"Alright, the next pair of teams take the court." Ukai says and I walk off the court, along with Asahi and Nishinoya.

"You and Kageyama make as good of a team as him with Hinata. Though the rest of your volleyball skills are more honed than his are." Daichi says as he takes the court with Suga, against Ennoshita and Tanaka.