Chapter 17

( hi, before this starts I want to say that there will be a scene in here where things may get hot. It's not smut, but it's dirty and at the end of this chapter so I'll put an * where it starts in case anyone actually reads this story and wants to skip it )

"What do you think?" Kiyoko pauses the video and looks over at me. We currently at a small cafe, watching clips of our next opponent.

"They seem really strong." I furrow my eyebrows, thinking.

"But their middle blocker #7 seems a little slow. That opens up a lot of time for the boys to find an opening with a cross shot, since his jump will be more delayed than their opposite and outside hitters- even if it's just by half a second. Every millisecond counts." I bite my lip, trying to envision our team going against them.

"Their libero is good too, so if they constantly do crosses, then they're going to be expecting it at some point during the game." Kiyoko looks in thought.

"And that's where feints come in. Everyone knows us now as a team with really strong attacks- especially with Hinata's quicks, Asahi's power and Tanaka's as well. If Kageyama can dump a few here and there, especially after a quick or someone else's hit, they'll be caught off guard. I think those two approaches will be really important for this game." I nod, biting the insides of my cheek. "Also, in the beginning of the game before Tsukishima gets too tired, he should try his high jumps. When he flies, he can hit within the net and 10 foot line- sometimes. With his power like that though, getting over the blocks will be easy for him and they won't be able to receive it."

"I think you're right, let's talk to him about that." Kiyoko smiles at me. "They should also work on defense. We can talk about that at practice though." She says and I nod.

"I agree. They have some nasty hitters that aren't easy to read." I say.

We change the subject and finish our food. Once we're done, Kiyoko dismisses herself and I leave as well. I hum as I walk home, practicing my habit of naming every plant I pass by. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I quickly take it out, seeing Kuroo's name pop up. I answer it and put my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Asami," His voice cracks. I stop walking, feeling like something is wrong.

"Kuroo? Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"I-I....I need you." He whispers. "Can you come over please? I don't know what to do.." He sniffles. Is he crying?

"Okay, hey it's fine okay? I'll be over right now, I'm heading to the station. Are you at home?" I ask and start to run in the direction of the train station.

"Yeah. I'm home." He answers.

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can okay? I'll see you soon." I hang up. What's wrong? I hope he's okay...

As I ride the train I text Kuroo asking for directions. He sends them and I'm so grateful he did it street by street, I'm not too familiar with this side of town.

The train ride seems longer than usual, but I know it's just because I'm impatient. It makes me really anxious not knowing what's going on. Kuroo doesn't seem like the super emotional type, so hearing him cry came as a shock to me. It must be something bad...or at least something really personal to him.

The train finally stops and I quickly rush off. I look at my phone, following the directions that were texted to me. 20 minutes later I end up in front of his house. It's nice and has a similar style to mine.

I knock on the door a few times, pushing my phone into my pocket. A few seconds later the door opens, and Kuroo stands before me, his clothes and hair disheveled. His eyes are red and puffy from crying.