Chapter 23

"Hey, Kageyama is back!" I hear Daichi say. I look over at the gym entrance and see my boyfriend putting his bag down.

I gasp and run over to him, jumping into his open arms. He picks me up, hugging me to his chest tightly as I do the same, wrapping my legs around his torso.

"Hi." He says and I laugh.

"Hi, I missed you so much." I say, hugging him even tighter.

Kageyama had been gone for a bit, he was invited to the All-Japan Youth Intensive Training Camp. When he got the news, he was so shocked. He didn't even feel like he deserved to go, but I had to convince him that they wouldn't have invited him for no reason.

"I missed you too." He chuckles.

"Gross, do that outside!" Ukai yells, so Kageyama walks back outside and pushes me up against the gym wall.

I look up at him and smile, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"I'm so proud of you." I squeal excitedly. "How was it?"

"I know, you've told me more than 100 times before I left, and texted me that too." He laughs, pecking my lips. "And it went fine. They were all amazing players. At first I felt like everyone was stronger than me, but I was able to keep up with them."

"That's good, I'm really glad you had fun. Did you make friends?" I tilt my head, smiling.

"One, I think. One actual friend. I don't know if I would consider the rest as friends." Kageyama looks deep in thought.

There's something about him that seems...off. But I can't quite place my finger on what it is.

"Are you okay?" I frown.

"Me? Yeah, I'm okay." He smiles. "I hope I can go against them soon. I want to win against them."

I?

"I'm sure you'll see some of them at Nationals." I say and lean up, giving him another kiss. I have him put me down and just as we're about to enter the gym again, a certain small ball of energy is calling Kageyama's name.

"KAGEYAMAAAAAA!" I turn around and see Hinata running full speed at us. He stops, right in front of Kageyama and jumps up and down.

"What have you been doing this past week?" Kageyama narrows his eyes at him.

"He's been a ball boy." Tsukishima walks up behind him, looking annoyed.

"HUH?" Kageyama looks shocked.

"Hinata snuck into the first-year only prefecture-wide training camp that Tsukishima was invited to." I laugh and Hinata slumps his shoulders.

"Yeah, only because he didn't want to get arrested for sneaking into the training camp you went to." Tsukishima says to Kageyama and snickers.

Kageyama grabs Hinata by his shirt and starts yelling at him. I sigh, about to pull Kageyama off but Tsukishima clears his throat.

"Can I...can we talk?" He asks, looking awkward.

"Oh...um. Sure." I gulp, nervous to be alone with him. He starts to walk off and rounds the corner of the gym and I follow him.

"Um, so." He scratches the back of his head then leans against the wall. "Thank you...for not telling anybody." He says. I stand about 10 feet away from him, not comfortable right now with being any closer than that.

"Don't mention it." I cross my arms, looking down at my shoes.

"I've been curious...after you saw us, and I uh, attacked you...you didn't tell Kageyama. You told him to just leave it alone or something. And then you two broke up. Was it...was it because of me?" Tsukishima asks and I look up at him. He looks guilty.