pretty boy - the neighbourhood

even if my heart stops beating
you're the only thing i need
oh, with me

xxx

i remove the damp towel from my waist to slip on some boxers. showers used to be refreshing but now they're just another chore. a week of summer has already passed, and i've barely left the house. it's actually kinda depressing. not that anyone cares, though. i sure don't.

the police aren't doing a thing. i've called them multiple times already, with limited results. i've requested wellness checks - which they promised to do - but never gotten a response back.

i even tried to report domestic violence, but was told there's not enough proof. of course. how could there be enough fucking proof when i can't even get in touch with the victim? i even reported him as missing. nothing's being done.

i sigh, pulling out a random shirt from my cluttered wardrobe. this will be just another night of laying in bed, it seems. waking up in bed, staying in bed, falling asleep in bed. my new daily routine. i haven't even been to the gym once this week. working out was always a nice time killer for me, something to take my mind off of things, but now i don't even do that. i'm probably losing weight fast.

a bird sings outside my window. i grab my phone to check the time. only 6 pm, wait-

bby 💗🌸💖💋
one missed call

you have (1) new voicemail

my heart starts to race. what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck? i almost drop my phone. my hands are shaking, throat closing up. it can't be, no way...

"you have one new message."

the automated voice is gonna drive me crazy. come on, get to the fucking point already, it's nick! please let him be okay, please..

"received today, at 5:52 pm."

"i'm so sorry! i-i'm s-sorry.. please-"

he's crying.

"okay, okay- listen up..."

"they took everything! they took m-my phone, they took my computer-"

"they locked me in my, in my room, everything!"

"she forgot my phone on the nightstand today, s-so i got it and i called.."

"pl-please pick up! i-i, please!"

"they just went for a visit to grandmas, i-i'm home alone now, b-but they'll be back,"

"you gotta do something! i'm begging you, i-"

"i can't l-live like this!"

"i-i can't live like this no more! please.. p-please!"

"yo-you have to save m-me! i'm gonna.."

"i-i-i'm g-gonna die! i'm gonna die in here.."

"the doors are.. are locked,"