Divorce

Yeah, you could say that I am the saddest girl in this world and duh! Who wouldn't  be sad when they were told that their parents were taking a divorce. The only reason I knew why they were taking a divorce was because my dad was a short tempered person, he never came back from his office without being drunk.

Drinking was his passion but soon it became his hobby. Whenever he used to come drunk from the office, he used to remove all his anger on my mom and break things in the home.

When I was just six years old, I saw my dad slapping my mom and since that day I decided that I will  neither get married  nor fall in love. I had completely zero belief in love. Felt like love was a crap in the world. I was cold hearted and obviously any person would be if they grew up in such a condition.

I have a little sister Brooke who is just three years younger than me.

The most difficult thing of this divorce  is that me and Brooke will never be able to meet. From when did parents start having rights for separating their two daughters?

"Breakfast is ready. Come down fast we need to go to the court." my mom shouted from the kitchen and obviously she did not call my dad for breakfast. My mom was as sad on the day they were getting divorced as happy she was when they married. I had seen their marriage pictures which my mom had kept in the album. She looked so happy on the day and so was my dad. My dad was good before but when he faced a failure in his business, he started drinking since then.

My mom was a really kind hearted lady. Even after all this things that life gave to her, she was still strong like a tornado. I saw her crying alone in her room many times but she never expressed it publicly. That's what I wanted from my mom as a quality in me.

My mom had prepared us my and Brooke's favorite breakfast and that is Bread and Jam. Who doesn't love bread and jam? Well I do love it. I am never going to look forward for dieting and all those shit.

My mom seemed a little , actually very upset today, so I thought of having a talk with her.

"Everything will be alright. Don't worr-"

"Nothing is going to be alright." my mom cut me off.

 "Everything is going to get messed up like a hell. The one and only reason why I never spoke about your dads behavior to anyone was cause I didn't want you and Brooke to be separated. We don't have rights to separate two sisters but now I can't even help cause the thing I was mostly scared of is happening!" she said in a deep and about to cry voice.

"No, don't think that way! Brooke and I are going to be fine." I said even when I didn't really mean it.

"You have been an amazing mom , an amazing daughter , an amazing wife. The fault was not yours it was dad's. He was the one who was addicted not you. Please don't blame yourself for all this." 

Within a moment , I saw mom crying on my shoulder. I held her hand in mine and consoled her. I could feel her heart beat. It was soo fast as if it was to catch a bus. I felt bad for her but it was to late for me to do anything now.

" We need to go to the court. Stop this melodrama and get ready." My drunk dad yelled while he was coming downstairs.

" Yeah , sure you would think this is a melodrama itself. You have changed a lot James, a lot." my mom said in a sad voice.

" Better get ready rather than talking." he said.

After a few minutes we all were ready to leave. I was just 16 and I was asked that whom do I want to live with. I choose my mom because I felt that she would be the safer person to live with. So eventually, my sister lived with James( he is no more my dad) and I lived with my mom.

After a little time when me and my mom reached to my grandparents home, I realized that I had been so selfish. I had let Brooke go with James! How could I be soo selfish. I kept her life in trouble to save mine! This wasn't done! I couldn't sleep the whole night and I kept thinking about it every second and my mom too was confused that what will she do now to feed us both.