Side Effects

It was six in the morning. I couldn't sleep the whole week and so my mom. We had no clue of what to do know. My mom had a little bit of savings but that would be sufficient for even one year. We had shifted to my mom's dad's home in California. It was a pretty decent place as it was my first time there. Brooke was in Texas. We had a really long distance, but what are phones made for?

" Good morning sweetheart. Wake up! Its your first day of school "she said. BUT what she said was not sweet. It had been just a week that we had shifted her and already school! School sucks! And most of the thing which I hate is when I see couples roaming around in the school. It is so weird! Why do they need to do a PDA! But I couldn't say NO to it.

" Mom why school?" I shouted and I guess not only my mom but even Smiley was shocked. If wondering who Smiley is, she is a golden retriever and she is so adorable (far prettier than me).

" Get Up and stop shouting. I don't want the whole street to know that how lazy you are." she said forcing me to wake up.

I woke up and went to the bathroom and took a shower, brushed my teeth and everything else a normal person does in a bathroom. I wore a crop grey colored sweater and matched it with a pair of black jeans and a scarf headband and a pair of black shoes. In short I looked like a black and grey snow man.

I got down to the kitchen and had my breakfast , took the car keys and went to the garage.

"Sweetie, can I drive you to your school?" my mom said.

" Yea, Sure."

My mom drove me to the school. There were a lot many people in the school that I had expected. I was scared that what if I don't find any friend here and be a loner. Nope not gonna imagine that.

My first class of the first day in the school was Biology. A pretty interesting class cause I love Biology. Its the one and only subject in which I get good grades. When the bell rang, I walked to my class hoping to find a friend and have a good teacher. The teacher took a little while to come to the class so at that time everyone was just talking. I felt like I was an Absolut loner.

"Hey! Seems like you are a new girl in the school." a girl said. I thought that on the first day itself I was going to be bullied. Those thoughts starting coming up into my brain. The anxiety level increased , my breathes shortened but first of all why am I being this nervous?

" Yeah, I joined school by today." I said hoping that she wouldn't murder me.

"I am Indy. Indy Smith. Would you mind if I sit next to you?" she said in a low gentle voice. I had overthink a lot about her and she turned out to be a sweet one.

" Yeah sure. I am Chloe Diaz." I said.

" So, what  brought you to California? " she asked. I did not wanted to tell her about the divorce and all so I just lied.

"Hmm. Actually, we moved down to California from Texas as my mom's parents were not well." I said hoping that she would find out that I was lying.

"Doesn't seem soo. Feels like you are hiding some-"

" Good Morning! I am Mr. Alexander and I am going to be your biology teacher. So as this is the first day, you all can talk among your friends or the person sitting besides you and we can start learning from tomorrow. " he said. Mr. Alexander seemed to be at the age of retirement. He was most probably 55 years old but anyways I don't care how old a teacher is until and unless they are good like him. I personally liked him cause, back in Texas, all the teachers really cared was about teaching. They didn't care if it was the first day or the last day.

"Is Texas better than California?" she asked to start a conversation or else we would be wasting the whole class without talking.

"Yeah. California is a pretty good place. To be honest I fell in love with it since the first day." I said.

" Show me your schedule. Let's see if we have any other class together." before I could even say anything, she snatched by bag and got my schedule out from it. We had almost all the classes together and I liked that cause I did not know anyone except her soo yeah.