Chapter 2

(Arcee POV) Jack's 18th birthday is today, I wonder how's he's spending it." Arcee thought as she looked at the calendar on the screen on her wrist. Arcee thought back to Jack's 17th birthday. 

(Flashback) Arcee was speeding along the road as the moon shone above her and Jack. "Are you sure this is a good idea Jack?"Arcee asked as she tilted her mirror to look at him. "It's fine Arcee, mom and agent Fowler are getting dinner so we have time before they get home." Jack said. They were coming from the Autobot base where they had celebrated earlier in the day for Jack.

"Turn right here Arcee."Jack said as he guided her off into a rocky road. "Jack I swear to primus if I get a flat I will kill you." Arcee said. "Don't worry Arcee it's pretty close up." Jack said. "Here stop."Jack said as he got off and Arcee transformed and stretched.

 "Where are we Jack?" Arcee asked. This is my hideout I just go here whenever I have to get away from everything." Jack said as he sat down in the grass. Arcee walked over to him and sat down leaning back on her wrists.

"So Jack what are we doing here?"Arcee asked as she looked over to Jack. "Just look up Cee."Jack said as he continued to look up at the sky. "Cee?"Arcee asked while arching a eyebrow with an amused look on her face. "Sorry I thought it had a ring to it, I won't call you it if you don't like it."Jack said sheepishly.

 "No Jack I like I think it does have a ring to it." Arcee said while looking at her partner. "You like it?"Jack asked surprised as he looked up at Arcee. "Yeah I do." Arcee said reassuring him.

Arcee looked up to stars, copying Jack's actions. There's so much out there, where is Cybertron be Cee? Jack asked. Arcee took in a sharp breath, Since Cybertron is a dead planet you can't see its glow. Arcee said her voice full of sadness. Jack put his hand on Arcee's, "Don't worry Arcee I'll do everything in my power to help you guys revive Cybertron." Jack said while looking at Arcee. 

Arcee looked over at her partner. "Thank you Jack, it means a lot." Arcee said. "Look to your right it would be right there." Arcee said pointing to sky. "What is?" Jack asked. Cybertron. Arcee said.

"Arcee like I said I promise that I will help guys no matter what." Jack said as he went back to looking at the sky. Arcee just looked at her partner, thinking of how far he had come. "Jack had started out not wanting to get involved and then he ended up going to another planet to help save Prime."

 "Prime was right to trust him with the key to Vector Sigma, Jack shows the traits of a prime in everything he does." Arcee thought to herself as she smiled about how lucky she was to get him as a partner. (End of Flashback)

(Jack POV) Jack had just gotten back from work on his 18th birthday. He arrived home to see that his mom's car and agent Fowler's  car were both parked. Jack put his bike in a garage, and walked inside. "Oh good Jack you're home there's something William and I want to talk to you about. Please sit down." Jack's mom said.

(2 weeks later) It had been two weeks since Jack's 18th birthday and that was when agent Fowler and his mom dropped the bombshell on him that he was now old enough to go on missions with the specialized unit that he had consulted for. Today was his first mission, after spending two weeks training. 

Jack was at the government base with agent Fowler as he was debriefing Jack on the mission. "Jack the mission you're being sent on is low risk and there's not much to worry about." Agent Fowler said. "Ok it sounds good." Jack said. "Good luck Jack." Agent Fowler said as the army truck stopped and let Jack off the truck.

Jack then put an ear piece in his ear and listening to the instructions agent Fowler was giving him. "Ok Jack there's been reports of people going in and out of an abandoned military base, the military base is about half a mile away. We couldn't get too close so they wouldn't see you. Try to stay out of sight and report back in once you arrive at the base." Agent Fowler said. "Got you" Jack said as he reported out.

It took Jack 40 minutes before he discreetly made it to the government base. Jack set up a spot where he was hidden and pulled out a pair of binoculars to get a closer look at the base. Jack called into agent Fowler to report. "Agent Fowler I can confirm that there are people at the abandoned military base." Jack said. "Can you see who the people are?" Agent Fowler asked. "Oh no it's MECH." Jack said with fear in his voice. "Jack you got to get out of there." Agent Fowler said. "I can't I need to stop them." Jack said. "No son don't do it." Agent Fowler said. 

Jack just ignored him and made his way down to base unseen. "All I have to do is move these wires around and this will ruin the technology." Jack said as he was fiddling with generator connected to the base.

Before Jack could finish, he was hit with a net or so he thought. "What is this is it a net?" Jack asked to himself looked at what had pinned him to the back of building. "Oh no it's a web." Jack said as his eyes widened realizing who it meant it was. "Oh lovely to see you Jack." Airachnid said as she walked towards him with Silas. "Can't say the feeling is mutual." Jack snarled at both of them. 

"Oh I see someone has picked up some attitude from Arcee, it'll really killed her inside to see what we're going to do to her partner." Airachnid said. "Jack are you ok?" Agent Fowler asked through the ear piece. "I'll take care of that." Silas said as he crushed the ear piece with his boot.

Jack started to lose consciousness from slamming against the wall. "I'm sorry Arcee that I couldn't protect myself, I'm sorry don't fall for this trap." Jack thought before he faded into unconsciousness.