Chapter 7

Jack was at the base with Arcee, Optimus Prime and Ratchet. Miko and Bulkhead were going you knows what while Raf and Bumblebee were testing out Raf's new RC car. The rest of the autobots including Knockout were out on some recon missions.

Jack was tapping away at a data pad learning more about the autobots history. Optimus was talking to Ratchet and Arcee was sharpening her blades and happily examining her new paint job happy to be back to blue.

"Optimus I have a question." Jack said. "Yes what is it Jack?" Optimus Prime asked as he walked over. "I've been reading up on the Cybertronian history and I haven't hear anything that would relate to a relationship , do you guys have anything like that?"
Jack asked.

"Yes it's called a sparkmate, it's where two autobots bond together and their sparks are linked forever, they will always have a bit of a part of each other that shows that they are sparkmates whenever they are close together. When sparkmates are first bonded together a blue light emits that symbolizes the bond." Optimus Prime explained.

"Oh ok." Jack said as he thought it over. "Optimus have an autobot and human ever become sparkmates?" Jack asked. When Jack asked this Arcee's eyes widen in shock that Jack would even asked that.

"Why do you ask Jack?" Optimus Prime asked. "Just curious Optimus." Jack said. "Well I've hear that multiple humans and autobots have tried to become sparkmates and it hasn't worked a couple times, but it does sometimes." Optimus said.

"It's getting near curfew, ready to go Jack?" Arcee asked. "Ok let's go." Jack said as he got on and Arcee took off.

(With Arcee and Jack) Once Arcee and Jack made it into the garage, Arcee transformed and started to interrogate Jack. "Why were you asking so much about sparkmates?" Arcee asked.

"Just curious Arcee." Jack replied. Arcee just glared at him. "Ok fine I just wanted to see if we could go it." Jack said. Arcee's expression softened.

"I don't think we should rush into this sparkmates thing, we should take our time." Arcee said. "Ok Arcee I'll take it at whatever pace you want to." Jack said as he kissed her and headed inside.

(With Optimus Prime back at the base) The ground bridge opened as the autobots returned. "Anything to report?" Optimus asked.

"Yes the decepticons are back we spotted them, but didn't engage with them." Prowl said. "Good to hear now we know that they are back." Optimus said. "We'll lay low for now unless we come across them, but we don't want to engage unless we have a plan." Optimus said.

"We hear you Prime." Prowl responded as the autobots went to go do different tasks.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I guess it's better than nothing and I decide to get it out before finals week. Hope you enjoy.