An Awakening

AN: It has come to my attention that someone is writing a story and using many of my ideas. 😡 So, if you are just starting this book and run across things familiar to you, just know I began publishing this story on October 28th 2020. The other author did not start their book until mid December. Please do not think I am plagiarizing and I hope you can still enjoy my juicy story.
1/19/2021

Merick Bishop

As I stood on the flight deck with my father, my foot tapped with impatience. Perturbed he insisted I was present when the First Order arrived to our cruiser, I wanted to get back to the training room. I had little interest in meeting anyone from the First Order and detested the deal my father had made with them.

As if he read my mind, he stated, "Torrence, I know you don't like the First Order, but please know this deal will fortify the wealth of our planet for many generations to come."

I had to give him credit for that. Although my father loved wealth and coveted all the luxuries the galaxy offered, as ruler of  Sonet he made sure no one went without. No poor existed on our planet—everyone had plenty. Our people were hard workers and if someone turned out to be slothful, they were terminated.

"I know, Father, but it doesn't make me like it. And I don't understand why I have to be here. I don't make any of the investment decisions."

"Torrence, we've been over this. You are my successor. You need to learn how the finances of our kingdom work if you are to be a successful ruler someday. I made a major concession by allowing you to wear your training clothes to this greeting. "Don't push me any farther. You are twenty-one-years old now, but as the king, I can still force you to do some things."

My head dropped in compromise, and I promised my behavior would be cordial while the First Order were here.

On cue, a large black ship appeared in port. Deftly maneuvering its hulking mass onto the flight deck, it looked every bit as menacing as described. This was Commander Kylo Ren's ship. He was the dark apprentice of Supreme Leader Snoke. Known for his brutality in battle, he was the only one I was intrigued to meet. I enjoyed sparring and learning new fighting skills much to my father's chagrin. To meet a warrior as prolific as Ren, piqued my interest, no matter how evil he was.

The ramp descended on the command ship and I expected a procession of stormtroopers and pomp before Ren appeared. Instead, heavy black boots belonging to a large man dressed in all black, stomped down the ramp. The man wore a horrible, black mask partially covered by a hood. His mere entrance seemed to suck the light from around the hangar. This man was dangerous to everything and everyone. I noticed my father was fidgeting with his fingers; something he did when nervous.

Exiting the ship after him was another tall man, but of much slimmer build. His orange-red hair was cut short and combed to precision. His First Order uniform in an impeccable state, held the insignia of general. Behind him, exited a small band of stormtroopers in gleaming white armor, their boots clicking on the hangar deck in unison.

As the visiting party approached, I noticed a heaviness blanket me. The feeling of being studied nagged at my intuition. Glancing around the hangar, I saw no one looking at me, not even our guests. Kylo Ren stood unmoving in front of my father while the general performed the introductions.

"King Galan, I am General Armitage Hux of the First Order. This is Commander Kylo Ren." His speech was clipped and every word enunciated.