01

You were packing up the last of your things as you were leaving for Tokyo University today.

The past three years have been a struggle.
When you were ten you were diagnosed with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
You spent most of your highschool career in the hospital reviving treatments.
The doctors has told you that it was a none curable disease and will gradually get worse over time. But you already knew that, since you've done your research since you were diagnosed.

The doctors always wanted you in for check ups and always went over board as they wanted to know why you were diagnosed at such an early age.
Usually COPD was commonly found in older people, mostly around Forty.

Cases like yours were usually found in others with a smoking addiction, or breathing in second hand smoke for years. And even air pollution. However, since you were so young when they diagnosed you, they cleared it as a genetic thing, pasted down from one of your parents.

Unfortunately you would never know which one had it, as you were put up for adoption when you were born.
Your biological parents had signed papers saying that they wished their identities to be kept secret from you. But you didn't care, you knew there must of been a reason for them giving you up and you didn't want to bother finding them, especially when your days were numbered.

You lived in a foster home in Miyagi for the last six years of your life.

But now, it was time to leave.

🍂🍂🍂

You were packing the last things in your car when your little brother came up to you and hugged your side.

Kane...

He was only about eight years old, but he was really tall for his age. He had short brown hair that curled by his ears, he had bright green eyes that made anyone melt by the sight of them.

He was crying. "I'm gonna miss you so much big sis.."

You pulled him off of you and crouched down to his height, you had your hands on his shoulders.
"I'm gonna miss you too buddy, but I'll call every night I can, and I'll visit for every holiday okay?"

He nodded as he wiped his nose with his hand.

"Y/n-Chan!" A little girl yelled out as she ran down the driveway to hug your as well.

Ena...

You picked her up and held her against your side.
She smiled up to you. "Do you really have to go oneesan?"

The little girl was also eight years old She also had beautiful brown hair, her and green eyes.
Her and Kane were biological twins and were put up for adoption, when their mother was arrested for drug dealing. Their father was no where to be found.
The twins were inseparable.

You nodded to your younger sister. "Yes, I'm going to get an education Ena.."

You set her down as the second oldest came into your view, he was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

Yakeru...

Yakeru was just starting his second year of highschool at Karasuno. He was a softy but he held a big wall in front of him. He watched his own parents leave him at the age of six.
He always held a stern look on his face and never showed his emotions to anyone.
Well except to you.

He took a great liking to you when he was first brought to the foster home, you helped him cope and grieve, you were his rock, and now you were leaving...

You held open your arms to him.

He clicked his tongue and slowly walked over to you, he hugged you tighter than expected.
"Call or text me whenever you need me okay?"

"Okay." He said in his usual monotone voice.

The sun was shinning on his bright red hair which only made his hazle eyes more predominant.

You gave him a soft smile before turning to your foster mother.

She had beautiful blonde hair that she always kept in a tight bun.
Since she was in her early twenties, she had always fostered kids since she found out that she couldn't have children of her own, and being a preschool teacher, she loved kids and wanted to help them.

She had always had a great influence in your life for the past six years. You were the first she had taken in at such an older age, not to mention you have a serious medical condition. But she took you to every doctors appointment and held your hand through your worst times.

You hugged her tight, she was starting to cry. "You take care now okay? And call if you ever need anything, I wish you luck on your adventure."

You pulled away and smiled to her.

You looked at your younger siblings, each one looking sad.

"Don't be sad guys, I'll be back to visit in no time okay!"

You earned a thumbs up from Kane.

But with that, you climbed into your car and started to drive off. You looked out your rear view mirror to see your family slowly disappear in the distance.

You clenched the steering wheel, you were excited to start fresh and finally start your life, but you were also anxious..as you don't really know what you'll encounter or who you'll encounter.