05

The next week contained of you and Bokuto becoming closer. He was always texting you and making sure you got to classes okay.

You regretted letting him get so close to you, but when he wasn't around, you missed him.
You liked him a friend, and you appreciated how he handled things when you told him.
Yes he was empathetic to your condition, but he never treated you any different.

You also got to know Akaashi a bit more, finding out that yes he indeed had a girlfriend and you knew secretly Bokuto didn't like her.
It made you laugh when Akaashi would mention her and Bokuto would let out a small *yuck* sound.

The more you hung around Akaashi, the more you admired him.
His eyes was the first thing you noticed. But you admired the way his hair hair fell in his face and how he was furrow his brows when Bo said something stupid.
He was reserved yet respectful.

After fighting and fighting your feelings, you had a crush on him.. And it sucked....but after finally deciding to let Bo into your life, you just let loose.. Only a little though..

You never told Bokuto as he would immediately open his mouth to his friend. You decided to just suffer in silence as you also knew he had a girlfriend, and yiu weren't gonna dare to touch that subject..

The three of you were sitting in the cafeteria eating a late lunch, all your classes were early classes today, so Bokuto grabbed you guys for something to eat.

You felt your phone buzz.

Bo:) : You have an appointment today yeah?

Y/n!:) : Yeah..which means I have to go soon.

Bo:) :Want me to come with you?

Y/n! :) :No no it's okay Bo, I'll be okay.

"Who are you texting?" Akaashi spoke up. "Are you guys texting eachother?"

You set your phone down. Well it was kinda obvious since you both were on your phones.

"You can talk out loud ya know.." Akaashi said.

You looked over to Bo as if for him to make up a lie.
Akaashi didn't know about your condition and you polity asked Bo to keep it that way.

"Uh y/n had to tell me that she had to go now, she didn't wanna say it out loud and hurt your feelings."

You face deadpanned.

Wow...good one Bo..

You stood up from your seat. "I'll see ya guys around."
Turning on your heels, you walked away for your car.

Akaashi had turned to Bokuto. "What's the real reason?"

Bokuto started to sweat, he hated lying to his best friend, but he also didn't want to break his promise to Y/n..

"I can tell when you're lying Bokuto.."

Bokuto took a deep breath. "Ask Y/n.. It's not my place to say and that's all I'm saying okay?" He had a slight dominant tone to his voice.

Akaashi nodded his head.

"What do you think of y/n?" Bokuto asked.

"She's nice, seems a little on edge though.."

"Do you think she's pretty?"

Akaashi raised an eyebrow. "You know I have a girlfriend right?"

"Pshhh yeahh.. But I don't like her.. She always correcting me and shutting me out when we hangout....y/n doesn't do that..." Bokuto pouted.

Akaashi rolled his eyes. "I guess she's pretty, but don't tell Kumi I said that.. If get an earful.."

"Sounds to me like you don't like her too!" Bokuto chimed.

"Bokuto-San... Stop."

Bokuto pouted. "Fine...Just saying though... You and y/n would make a cuter couple..."

🍂🍂🍂

Arriving at your doctor's appointment. You were glad that you decided to go to Tokyo University, as your primary doctor was located near there.

Your check up went as usual.
He asked you about the coughing and you told him it was getting worse.
You also mentioned how it was getting harder to breathe day by day, but you weren't ready for an oxygen tank just yet.
In fact you were trying to avoid that for as long as you could.

The appointment ended with the doctor telling you that it seemed like you would have to carry around an oxygen tank sooner than you wanted.
He also wanted you to keep coming once a week for check ups, since your condition can cause a bacterial respiratory infection which you did not want.
The doctor also talked about a lung transplant, as it could help reduce your symptoms. But it is not a cure...

You declined his offer for the transplant as you knew that eventually the new lungs would get worse. In your mind you thought, yes it would give you a couple more years on your life, but someone else could need it more and they could live for a full life.
You weren't gonna take that away from someone.
It felt like a waste to you.

Before leaving, the doctor told you the next visit date, and he made it clear, that if your coughing and breathing worsens, he was gonna make you go on an oxygen tank.

As much as you hated the thought, you thought about your siblings, Ena, Kane and Yakeru... You didn't want to leave them just yet.. And how Bokuto..
You knew it was going to a right choice..and you'd have to suck it up and smile through the stares you'd get.

Again..it was just a matter of time.