28

"You guys should go out." You said as you look your last spoonful of soup that the hospital had brought you for dinner.

"It's okay! I wanna spend my birthday here with you." Bokuto smiled.

You rolled your eyes. "Go out Bo. Go out with Keiji and have some fun!"

Bokuto slouched in his seat, arms crossed.

"I think we should do what she says Bokuto." Akaashi said calmly. "And I already messaged Kuroo."

"You messaged Kuroo?" Bokuto said sitting up straight really quick.

"Yeah, he should be here soon actually."

As if on cue there was a soft knock at the door. Everyone turned their heads to see the familiar tall figure standing in the doorway.

"You summoned me?" Kuroo smiled. "Hey Y/n..man you look bad."

You chuckled. "Is it really that noticeable?"

"Yes."

"No." Kuroo and Akaashi said in unison.

You laughed at the two.

"Anyways, come on Bokuto, we're going to the bar."

Bokuto looked at you with sad eyes. He didn't want to leave you alone on his birthday. In honesty he didn't want to go out at all. He was more than fine staying in the hospital with you. He didn't care for his birthday as you being alive is the best birthday gift he could receive.

"Go out and have fun Bo! I want you to okay? I know that face and I don't want you to be stuck here all night." You gave him a weak smile.

"Um.." He started.

"Bokuto, you better do what the lady asks." Kuroo smirked.

"Come on Bokuto-san, Let's go have fun okay?" Akaashi said getting up from the bed.

"O-Okay.." Bokuto said as he stood up slowly.

You smiled to him.

"Thank you." You mouthed to Kuroo.

Kuroo nodded with a smile.

"Come on dude, maybe we'll find you a gal to take home tonight."

"Kuroo!" Bokuto yelled.

You covered your ears from the sudden impact.

"Sorry.." Bokuto said.

"Have fun guys, I'll see you later." You waved.

"I'll come back after okay?" Akaashi said as he kissed your forehead.

"It's okay Keiji, drink, have fun, come back in the morning."

He smiled to you.

Kuroo wrapped his arm around Bokuto's shoulders and pulled him out the door while waving goodbye to you.

You gave the three one last smile before letting out a deep breath.

Have fun guys...

Bokuto's POV.

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked Kuroo as I stuck my hands in my pocket.

"A bar, I don't know, whatever is close." He shrugged.

Akaashi put a hand on my shoulder. "She wants you to be happy on your birthday Bokuto-san, Not moping around and feeling sad for her, try and have some fun okay?"

I gave him a smile as he always knew how to cheer me up, but in all honesty I didn't want to have fun. I wanted Y/n here with us and laughing with us. Not stuck in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of wires.

"This place looks cool." Kuroo said as he pushed me inside.

The place was packed. There were loud guys screaming at the tv and girls hurdled in their own circle.

This was gonna be a long night.

Kuroo found a booth where the three of us could sit and ordered us a round of shots.

"Happy birthday bro."

"Happy birthday."

I smiled as I took the shot, but winched once it was down. It was spicy and didn't taste very good.

"Nice face Bokuto." Kuroo teased.

"Shut up! Let's get another round."

"Ahh that's my man!" He smiled as he got up to go to the bar.

"You okay?" Akaashi asked me.

I shook my head. "I just can't help but think about Y/n..I wish she was here having fun with us.."

"I know..but she wants you to let loose and enjoy your birthday."

"I know Agahshee." I pouted.

"Here we go gentlemen." Kuroo said as he placed three more shot glasses in front of us. "To Y/n." He said with a smile.

My eyes lit up. "To Y/n!"

Akaashi smiled to me before we took the shot. This time we all winced as this shot was worse than the first one.

"I'm gonna go get us drinks." Akaashi said as he got up from the booth and over to the bar.

Kuroo looked over to me, I could see a tint of red on his cheeks already.

"She looks really bad man.."

I nodded. "Yeah..it gets worse every day.."

Kuroo nodded. "Hows Akaashi holding up?"

"He never leaves her side, this is the first time that he's actually went out, other than to come home and shower and stuff.."

"I see..but she still manages to keep her smile."

I nodded. "She always will. I'm not stupid, I know she's hiding her true pain from us.."

"Have you thought that it's maybe because she doesn't want you guys to remember her like that? In pain.."

I nodded slowly. "I have."

Kuroo reached over the table and patted my shoulder. "How about we get shitfaced and just forget about reality for a while huh?"

"Okay."

Akaashi had retruned with three drinks and placed them on the table. I could also see a slight pink tint on his cheeks. He was already buzzed and I couldn't help but laugh.

Y/n's POV.

You stared at the lap top screen watching a movie that you found randomly, but it wasn't that interesting.

Your phone buzzed with a message from Kuroo. It was a picture of him, Bokuto and Akaashi. They were all smiling and looked like they were having fun.

You smiled at your phone and immediately changed your wallpaper to that picture.

You set your phone down as you remembered back to that one night when Bokuto dragged you to a party. Bokuto throwing up outside and Akaashi so wasted that he couldn't even walk.

You felt tears swell in your eyes as you wished more than anything that you could be out there making more memories like that. You wished for more time with your best friend and boyfriend. This was the first time in your life when you actually opened your heart to people and you wanted more.

You used to not be scared of dying but this night, the thought couldn't be anymore terrifying.