19

It was only a couple days that you were in the hospital.
You were soon released and Akaashi was driving you guys back to the University.

"You didn't have to stay you know..You're gonna be behind all your classes.." You said softly, as your throat did still hurt a bit, but the pain was manageable to talk.

Akaashi shook his head.
"I wanted to be there, I'll just catch up with extra homework, no big deal... But.. Are you sure you want to go back?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well..what the doctor said.. I mean.. Do you really wanna spend this time, going to classes?"

You looked out the window and watched the trees and buildings fly by.
"If I don't, I'll just be alone with my thoughts, waiting for death..and.. I don't want that. I also want to at least get threw the rest of the year and feel accomplished."

Akaashi hummed in response.

You turned to him.
"And besides, I get to see you everyday."
You gave him a small smile.

He returned the small smile while keeping his eyes on the road.

The rest of the ride was quiet but you didn't mind, as it was nice to just have him there.

To think that you were pushing the fact that you liked him away for so long. To think that you were almost gonna miss out of your first love.
And although you got the worst news of your life to date.. You knew you wanted to make the best of it.
You were gonna live these last few months to their full potential.

To think that you would of had more time with Akaashi if you just opened your eyes.

When arriving back to the university Akaashi took you straight to your room.

When stepping off the elevator, your eyes dropped as you saw Bokuto sitting outside your door with his head in his hands.

"Bo?"

His head shot up and his eyes widened.
He immediately threw himself onto you, making you fall back a bit.
Akaashi was the one to hold you from falling as Bokuto wrapped his arms around your body.

He was shaking and you could tell that he was crying.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you woke up! I had practice a-an-"

"It's okay Bo.." You said as you hugged him back.

"Wait you can talk now?!" He said as he pulled away quick.

You nodded. "My throat still feels a bit rough but I can talk again."

Bokuto's face grew with empathy and sadness.
You hated when he got like this.

"Akaashi told me.." Bokuto choked out.

Your heart fell to the floor as you knew what he was talking about.

"Bo?"

He pulled you into another hug but this time it was more tighter.
"I don't want you to leave."

You gripped his shirt as his words hurt you a lot.
You new this was coming..but..you were gonna spend as much as your time with the two men you loved.

Pulling away from him you gave him a smile. "How about we order food and watch a movie together huh?"
You looked to Akaashi for his approval, to which he nodded.

🍂🍂🍂

Akaashi had ordered pizza for the three of you and you were all watching a scary movie with full stomachs.

"Ah! No don't GO-AHHH!!!!!!" Bokuto yelped as he hid his face in a pillow.

You started to laugh a bit but not too much as you didn't want to embarrass Bokuto.

"You're not scared?" Akaashi whispered.

You shook your head as you kept your eyes on Bokuto, who was now shaking and his eyes were wide open from fear.

"I like Horror movies..they don't really scare me as most are quite predictable." You whispered back.

Akaashi hummed in response.

"No not the hottie!!" Bokuto screamed.
"Ahhhh! AKAAASHIIII!!!!!!!"
Startling both of us, he jumped onto Akaashi and you, shaking like he was freezing or something.

Your eyes widened as you started to cough.

The boys looked at you in worry as you pointed down to Bokuto's leg, which was on top of your oxygen line.

Bokuto immediately jumped up and looked at you with a pale face.

"I'm so sorry y/n!" He exclaimed.

You continued to cough a bit but once the air was released back threw your nose, you waved him off.
"It's okay Bo, things happen okay? I'm okay."

He bowed in front of you. "I'm really really sorry y/n! I wasn't thinking!"

You let out a chuckle. "Bo, it's okay honestly...how about we watch a more non scary movie?" You suggested to which the two boys agreed.

Akaashi grabbed your laptop and searched for a different movie. He a comedy to ease Bokuto's nerves.

In honesty, Akaashi was glad that you suggested to watch something else as he was scared as much as Bokuto, but we was trying his best to hide it.

Bokuto relaxed on the spare bed next to you and you and Akaashi got more comfortable on your bed.

You layed your head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. It was calming and comfortable.

As the movie progressed you felt your eyes getting heavier and heavier.
You decided not to fight sleep anymore and to just embrace it.

You closed your eyes and let your mind ease to the sweet sound of Akaashi's heart.

🍂🍂🍂

Sitting up in a panic you covered your mouth as your coughing came.

It's been a few hours and you noticed that Akaashi was fast asleep beside you and Bokuto was sleeping in the other bed.

You covered your mouth as yiu tried to suppress the sound as much as possible.

"Let it out y/n, don't hold back, it's not good for your lungs." Akaashi said softly as he sat up to rub your back.
"Let it out baby."

You did as he said, but still used your arm to cover out of courtesy.

The coughing went on for about five minutes before you were able to breathe right again.
Taking deep breaths from your nose you finally calmed down.

Akaashi continued to rub your back as you relaxed.

You gave him a thankful smile as he pulled you into a hug.

"You're okay y/n." He said.

You nodded as he pulled you back down on the bed.
He cupped your cheek and rubbed his thumb against your face until you fell asleep again.

You didn't notice, but Bokuto had also woken up from the noise and was clenching the blanket he was using tight.
He let his warm tears fall down his face as he watched you suffer with your cough attack.

He was thankful that Akaashi was there to help you, although he wished that you didn't have to go threw this at all.

It hurt Bokuto to see you in pain.
As much as he regretted it, that was the main reason he left the hospital in Miyagi. He couldn't bare himself to see you like that any longer.