09

Arriving back to the university, you went straight into your room. Bokuto insisted he came with you but you told him that you wanted to rest.

Once you walked through your door, you went straight for your phone.

10 missed calls from mom
20 unread messages from Yakeru
5 missed calls from Yakeru

You sighed as you knew this was gonna happen.
Your forster mom was your emergency contact.

You dialed your mother's number.

"Y/n? What happened I got a call from the hospital saying you were rushed there!!!"

"Yeah.. I had another episode.. But this time it landed me with... A friend..."

"A friend?"

"Oxygen tank.."

There was silence.

"I'm so sorry honey.."

"It's okay, I'm okay, I just thought I'd call and update you.. But it sucks...I already gotten so many stares coming back here..."

"Well at least you have your friend.. Oh what's his name again?"

"Bokuto."

"Yes, at least you have him, if anyone tries to pick on you."

A thought occurred to you, would people really pick on your for having an oxygen tank to help you breathe? That'd be lame.. But you guess it's possible...

"Is Yakeru home?"

"Yeah one sec."

...
...

"Y/n!"

"Yakeru.. I'm okay.."

"You weren't answering your phone... And when they said you were in the hospital... I thought-"

"I'm still here and alive Yakeru...I'm not going anywhere just yet okay buddy?"

"hmm."

"How's school?"

"Good, I decided to join the volleyball team.."

"Yo that's awesome! What position?"

"Left wing spiker.."

"Let me know when a game is, and I'll be there okay? Also I think you and my friend would get along well... Next time I visit, I'll bring him with me and he can show yiu some tricks and stuff.."

"He's a volleyball player?"

"Yeah.. He actually went to Fukurodani, you know that school right?"

"Yeah... Apparently they used to be a power house but once their ace and setter left last year and the year before.. They went to shit."

You chuckled. "Their names are Akaashi and Bokuto, Bokuto being the so called ace you were speaking of.."

"No way! Your boyfriend was the ace of that school!"

"Friend Yakeru.. Just a friend."

"Sure.. When has a guy and a girl ever been just friends."

"All the time you little twirp!"

"Okay okay, well I'm gonna give you back to mother.. She's motioning me to give her phone back."

"Okay love you Yakeru."

"Ya ya."

"Y/n?"

"Hi mom."

"You be safe okay? And come visit soon okay? I love you so much and we all miss you. Bye bye hun."

"Bye mom, tell the twins I said hi."

"I will honey, bye."

"Bye."

Your mother hung up first.

You set your phone down and looked down at your oxygen tank.
"You and me buddy...don't fail me now.. I ain't ready just yet okay?"

🍂🍂🍂

The weekend came to end, you had spent most of it in your dorm, resting or doing some random animations for practice. Bokuto checked on you every hour to make sure you were okay.
You appreciated his concern but you missed the way he used to treat you....treat you like everyone else.

It was now time for your class's and Akaashi had asked you if he could walk you to class.

"I'm not gonna fall down the stairs again if that's why you're asking." You smiled.

He shrugged. "Can never be too careful.."

You didn't object since stairs is what you feared the most right now.
You applied to get a key for the elevator but you haven't heard anything back yet...

You both left early so you didn't have to rush with all the other students.
You took your time, step by step.

Each step you took a deep breath.
Yes it was harder for you to handle.

You didn't realize but Akaashi was right behind you, climbing every step with you, ready to catch you if you fall.

You were about to take your last step when you saw a figure come running up the stairs beside you.

Kumi..

"Oh?" She said, stopping in front of us.
She had her usual side braid and was wearing the university's tee shirt.

She raised an eyebrow. "What happened to you?"

You took the last step, Akaashi standing beside you.

You felt the awkward tension.

"Long story.." You mumbled out, you were also out of breathe and fight back a cough.

She eyed you up and down. It was obvious she was judging you.

Her eyes then dart over to Akaashi. "So you dumped me for a cripple?"
The she turned away.

"Great.." You mumbled. "I sit beside her in my first class..."

Akaashi looked over to you. "I'm sorry about her.."

You shrugged. "It's fine..besides, we're not dating anyways so I'll clear the air with her...I don't want the tension seeping through a morning class.."

He nodded slowly.
"When does your classes end?"

"Uh.. Around four why?"

"Mines done then too, I'll see you after."

"Akaashi, If you coming to meet me here just to help me down the stairs..its fine, I managed to climb them just fine.. Besides, going down is the easy part."

"But going down is when you fell." She smirked.

You rolled your eyes at him "You're never gonna let that down are you? K...well see you later then..."
You then turned your heels and started towards your classroom.

You didn't notice but Akaashi waited in his stop till he saw you walk into the room safely.