29

It's been a couple of weeks since Bokuto's birthday and today, your mom was coming to visit with your siblings.

This would be the first time seeing them since being in the hospital. You didn't want the twins seeing you like this. But you knew they had to see you sooner or later. And you'd prefer it if it was sooner, since you're only gonna get worse.

"What time are they coming?" Akaashi asked as he kept his eyes on his laptop.

"Around Noon I think..You work to much Keiji.."

He smiled and pushed up his glassed by the bridge of the nose.

"I like you in glasses, you know that?"

"I do, you tell me every time I wear them." He smiled.

"I love you."

"I love you too Y/n."

You tried to sit up in your bed, but winced at the pain in your chest as pressure was placed.

Akaashi shot a look at you and immediately helped you get to the position you wanted.

"I'm okay Keiji, but thank you."

He smiled.

"I'm really bored." You sighed.

"Want to watch a movie?"

You shook your head. "Actually could you hand me my tablet? I think I wanna draw."

Akaashi smiled as he unplugged your tablet from the charger and handed it to you, along with the pen that went with it.

He smiled because he knew you hadn't even attempted to draw since coming into the hospital.

"Now what to draw?" You tapped the pen on the side of your bed.

"How about a picture of me and you?" Akaashi suggested.

You nodded with a smile as you started a new document and got to work. You kept smiling as you drew.

Akaashi continued his work but he would always steal a glance to see you completely engulfed in the drawing. It's been a while since he saw you this invested in a picture. He couldn't be anymore happy.

A couple of hours passed and it was almost noon.

"You should stop drawing, Your family will be here soon."

You nodded a you saved and turned off the tablet, you handed it over to Akaashi who took it placed it back down on the night table.

"Keiji? When they come, Is it okay if you leave?"

"Sure, may I ask why?"

You looked down at your hands. "I just want to be with them alone for a moment."

Akaashi nodded. "Would you like some water darling?"

You nodded with a smile. "Thank you."

He handed you a cup of water and you drank it slowly, although you wanted to chug it, your breathing wouldn't allow that.

A few minutes later your family had arrived at the hospital.

Akaashi greeted everyone and did as you asked and gave you all some privacy.

"Mom?" You smiled weakly as she leaned down to hug you.

"Hi honey."

When she pulled away the twins quickly jumped on the bed.

"Careful guys, she can't be jumped on okay?" Your mom stated.

The twins look down but then back to you, they had frowns on their faces. It broke your heart seeing them not their usual happy selves.

"You don't look so good big sis.." Kane said.

"Are you more sick than before?" Ena asked.

You opened your arms for the twins. Each on came to lay down on each side. They curled themselves on your sides.

You wrapped your arms around them and fought back tears. But the twins didn't, they started to cry.

"I don't want you to leave." Kane sniffed.

"I want you to get better." Ena sniffed.

You looked over to your mom who was covering her mouth and her eyes were filled with tears.

"It's okay guys, the doctor made it so I'm not in pain anymore." You choked back tears.

"Will you get better big sis?" Ena asked through her tears.

You hesitated, but chose to stay silent as you had no words to say. How were you gonna tell your little sister that you were dying? How could you give her that kind of news? You couldn't and your mom picked up on that.

"Ena? Why don't you tell Y/n about what you learned in school today?"

"Okay! Um I can count to two hundred now! Oh and I made this friend who has the same colour hair as me and she's really nice! She is always helping me with my work and lets me use her coloured pens!"

"Is that so Ena? I'm happy to hear that."

"Kane? How about you? Why don't you tell her how's school going." Your mom tried to smile.

"Um..I don't like school..they are always making my brain over think and I don't like that, I also don't like how some of the school work doesn't make sense but my teacher is really nice! She's always helping me and Ena with a smile. Her smile actually reminds me of yours big sis!"

You smiled and kissed his forehead, to which he rubbed off the kiss with his hand, but he was smiling.

"I missed you guys." You said to the twins.

"Do you like school big sis?" Kane asked.

"I did yes, I actually just stopped school because I was too smart for them." You joked.

"Wow, you're like a superstar big sis!" Ena gleamed.

You smiled but then looked up and locked eyes with Yakeru. His eyes were red and his face was wet.

"Mom? How about you take the twins to the cafeteria?"

Your mom looked over to Yakeru and knew what you were trying to do.

"Come on kiddies, lets go and get something to eat yeah?"

"Okay!" They both said in unison and jumped off the bed.

You kept your smiled till they were down the hall.

"How much longer." Yakeru asked.

You gave him a sad look.

"HOW LONG!"

"Come here." You opened your arms.

He came running into your arms and held you tight, you both were crying on each other's shoulders.

"I love you Yakeru, I want you to know that okay? You are so strong and stubborn but I love you. You have to be strong for the twins okay? And please keep playing volleyball, Keep going and win nationals and go pro like Bokuto wants to, Don't ever give up on your dreams and please find love. Keep those who you care about close to your heart and please don't grieve too much. I want you to be happy and strive in life. Have a family of your own some day and get married. I want you to live a very fulfilled life. You have been the best brother anyone could ask for. When mom brought you home, I couldn't of been more happy. I watched you grow up into the young man you are and I'm so proud of you Yakeru. Mom is proud, hell even Bokuto and Akaashi!" You took a minute to catch your breath. "I need you to do me a favour. Keep talking to Bokuto, I know he likes to mentor you and he looks at you as a little brother. Keep him close as he is an amazing friend to have in your life."

"Y/n...." Yakeru choked.

"I love you Yakeru." You finally pulled him away from the hug. "Stay strong for the twins and for mom, also please remember that I will always be with you."