15

Everyone ate in peace at the kitchen table.
Your mom was at one end of the table, the twin sharing the other end, Yakeru beside you and Bokuto and Akaashi across from you.
Akaashi being right in front of you.

"So y/n's Friends, Do you guys go to the same university?" Your mom asked.

"Yes we do Ms...." Akaashi started.

"Please call me Hana.." She smiled.

"Yes we do Ms Hana..im taking the writing course there."

"And I got a scholarship for volleyball there!" Bokuto gleamed.

You smiled to the two.

"So How's school going dear?"

"Its good mom.. Lots of work and computer time... But I like it.." You smiled slightly.

"How'd you meet these lovely men?" Your mom asked.

You could feel the smile on Bokuto's face as he was called lovely.

"I actually ran into that bimbo on the first day moving in." You pointed to Bokuto, who smiled at the memory.
"Then he introduced me to Akaashi, they went to highschool together."

"Oh what highschool?"

"Fukurodani Academy." Akaashi answered.

"Fukurodani... Yeah Yakeru hun? Isn't that the school you always talk about?" Your mom raised an eyebrow and Yakeru slouched in his seat. He crossed his arms with his face turning red.

You smiled to him. "Bo?"

Bokuto hummed in response.

"Wanna play volleyball after eating? I'm sure Yakeru would love to learn from an amazing ace himself." You smiled to your brother, who's eyes slowly widened.

"Akaashi wanna join? You can set some of our tosses!" Bokuto gleamed as he took the last bite of his food.

"Bokuto-San, don't talk with your mouth full... And sure."

You smiled to Akaashi who also smiled back.

"So you were also volleyball players?" You mom interjected.

"Yeah! I was left wing spiker and Akaashi here was our setter!" Bokuto chimed.

"Well thank you for teaching my son here, I'm sure he'd appreciate it very much, right Yakeru?" She raised an eyebrow at the kid.

He stayed quiet, still having his arms crossed.

Akaashi looked over to you.

You mouthed 'He's shy'
Earning a nod from him.

"Well! Let's get going yeah!" Bokuto smiled as he noticed everyone was done eating.

You stood up to help your mother with the dishes but she stopped you and insisted that you go with the boys.
You decided to take the twins with you as well.

Everyone was walking towards the park down our street where there was a volleyball net set up.
You could see the excitement in Yakeru's eyes. But only you would be the one to notice.

He's kinda like Akaashi in that way, never really showing his emotions.

You held Kane's hand in your left as you held your tank in your right.

Ena was holding Kane's hand as you three walked in a line.

When we got to the park, you sat in the grass as the boys started to play, Bokuto immediately showing off his skills.
Akaashi being a bit rusty at the start but he got better as he played.
You watched the three in amazement as you never actually seen them in action before.

"He's pretty."

"Who's pretty Ena?" you turned your attention to your sister.

"The one with the black messy hair!"

"Oh Akaashi you mean."

"AK.aaaa.shhhh.eee" She tried to say.

You laughed at her attempt.

"I wanna play!" Kane said running towards the boys.

You tried to stop him but it was no use.

Bokuto smiled as he looked down at the boy.
"Wanna spike the ball little dude?"

He nodded excitedly.

Bokuto then grabbed Kane and lifted him up.
Akaashi tossed the ball lightly as Bokuto held Kane over the net for him to hit it down.

Ena then went running towards the boys.
She pulled on Akaashi's shirt.

"Pretty Agashi.. Can you lift me up to hit?"

You laughed as she called Akaashi pretty. He smiled to her and lifted her up like Bokuto did with Kane.
Bokuto was the one to toss lightly this time as Ena hit the ball.

You smiled at your friends getting along with the twins.

Yakeru made his way towards you.
"Looks like they're getting along."

You nodded as you kept your eyes on the group, they started to pass the ball around in a circle.

"Akaashi seems cool.. You like him don't you?"

Your attention was taken away and you looked towards Yakeru.
"What?"

"I can see from the way you're watching him right now, you don't have the same gleam in your eyes when you look at Bokuto."

Your face turned red.
"Yakeru!"

"What! I'm your brother, I know when you're in love."

"Yak-" you took a breath.

"Does he like you?"

You nodded slowly.

"And you aren't dating yet?"

You rolled your eyes. "Its complicated.."

"What is? Because you feel bad for already making them your friends? And you feel bad that when you die, they're gonna be heart broken?"

Your eyes widened. "Yakeru..."

He shrugged. "What? You never had friends in highschool for that reason, you always pushed people away and always shut out other who are not your family...you deserve love too y/n, who cares if you're gonna die. Everyone does eventually. Might has well live your life!"

You looked down at the ground. It hurt hearing it from your brother more than Bokuto.

But you let his words sink in.

"Hey hey hey, wanna keep playing Yakeru?" Bokuto said, walking towards you guys.
Akaashi right behind him.

Yakeru nudged your shoulder as he smirked to you.

You shook your head at him.

You stood up.

"Yakeru can you watch the twins?" You asked.

He nodded as he walked towards the net with Bokuto.

You turned to Akaashi. "Take a walk with me?"