Chapter 2 - Aldora

My face turned to a side with the sudden force that hit my cheek. Joseph just slapped me. Who does he think he is?

   Yes! He may be my father but he stopped being one 6 years ago! He wasn't my father ever since and couldn't ever take his place. I haven't had a father in past 6 years. To me, my father was dead.

    You think, I'm being cruel and harsh! Well, guess what? I don't care! This man in front of me was someone I no longer recognised. He hit my mother and I when we defied him whereas, my father wouldn't have hurt a single hair on our heads 6 years ago. This man in front of me was not my father, he died the day he told us about his true lifestyle.

    I touched my cheek, brought my hand in front of me and looked at it with a blank face. I'm not going to give him a satisfaction by showing any sort of emotions. There was pin drop silence.

     I looked at my mum, James and Amala. My mum had tears running down her eyes and her hands covered her mouth to hide her gasp. James was actually shocked, staring between me and Joseph wide-eyed, not knowing what to do. Amala, she was actually looking back and forth between me and father instead of her her phone for once.

    I finally looked at this stranger in front of me that I used to call father. He really has no idea who the fuck he is messing with, does he?

   I started laughing. I was laughing like something really funny had happened, holding my stomach and wiping fake tears of laughter. Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. Heck! Yea! I am crazy!

   "Are you done?" I asked laughing

     "What are you laughing at?" Joseph asked

   I refuse to call him father anymore. He lost right to that a long ago.

   "Just a pussy thinking he as strong as 10 men. Thinking that he is a man!" I cackled

   "What did you just call me?" Joseph growled

  "A pussy. That is what you are, a motherfucking pussy for hitting women!" I spat

    "You should shut up or else..." He threatened taking a step towards me

"Or what? You'll hit me? Go right ahead! Show us what a true pussy you are. This barely was a hit. It didn't even hurt. Do you see a bruise forming?" I said standing my ground

     "Why the fuck are you being a bitch!?" Joseph asked frustrated

  "Do you see a bruise forming?" I asked again

   "What?" Joseph asked confused

    "I said do you see a fucking bruise forming?" I screamed

  "N-no." Joseph stuttered in response

     Just that much scared him? Damn, he's weaker than I thought. Whatever!

   "Good to know that your ears are functioning, somewhat." I nodded

      "Go to your room." Joseph said pointing towards the door

  "Ugh! Whatever." I groaned leaving

     I walked out of sight and hid behind some huge plant. I didn't know these are still around in our house. It hid me well and it was far enough for me to be able to hear them clearly.

   What? Don't tell me you really expected me to listen to him and go to my room?

  "I'm tired of her acting like this." Joseph said

     "Well, she wouldn't if you stop giving her crap." Amala said not bothering to look up from her phone

  "Is this what you think as well?" Joseph asked looking at my mum