Chapter 6

Kim's P.O.V.

It had been two months since I had told Jay about my dad. We've been on a couple of dates, and always had an amazing time. After a really hard day for either of us Jay would sometimes surprise me with dinner at the apartment, and we would just talk. I still don't know how he set those dinners up when we leave the precinct at the same time. The team still didn't know anything. The only one who knew that we were even together was Hank. We were still taking things slow. Jay was out with Adam getting an interview from a witness for the case that we were working on. I was running facial recognition on some video footage from the crime scene when my phone started buzzing. It was Will.
"Hey Will what's up?" We had gotten closer with the other families. Jay had even taught Zoe how to throw a right hook a couple of days ago when she stayed over the night.
"Look, Kim Adam's calling Voight right now, but I wanted to tell you. 10 minutes ago Jay came in on an ambo. He was shot. I don't know how bad it is because I'm not allowed in there, but you should get down here." With that there sounded like some commotion, and Will said a quick bye before hanging up. Jay was shot. Jay was hurt. I needed to get there. Hank came out of his office telling everyone to get to the hospital. I rushed out of there as fast as I could. I couldn't lose him. Hank caught up and made me let him drive because my emotions were everywhere. I just want him to be ok. No, I need him to be ok. I need that person who I've grown to rely on, the person who I need more than anyone, to be ok. I haven't even told him I love him.
"Kim we're here. If you and Jay still want to keep you two a secret then you might want to calm down before everyone else calms down." I honestly could care less if everyone knew as long as Jay was ok. I knew that if he wasn't that badly hurt we both would rather have more time just for ourselves, but if it was bad then I needed to be there for him. We walked into the waiting room where Adam was and I just sat there. Everyone was trying to keep themselves occupied, but I was just thinking. I hadn't told him that I love him. I do love him. I knew that now. I couldn't live without him, and if he were to die I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for never telling him.
All eyes went to Will when he walked through the door. He looked right at me and gave me a slight smile. Jay was ok. The nurse that was with him started speaking saying how Jay was shot in the abdomen, but the damage wasn't too severe and he should be back at work in a week or two. Then she asked for family, and Will looked at me asking if I wanted them to know. I didn't care anymore and nodded. With that Will opened his mouth and said,
"Kim come on with me I'll show you where his room is." Everyone turned to me with a questioning look.
"Why is Kim allowed to go in? The nurse just said family. I know we sometimes count, but that's when no other family is here, but Will is here." Well here goes nothing. I look at Will, and he gives me a nod.
"Jay and I are married." It might have been a cowardly move, but I just needed to see he was ok. I move past Will towards the doors, and he leads me to his room.