Chapter 8

Kim's P.O.V.

    Zoe burst through first then Nicole, and then everyone else. Zoe, Nicole, and Will were the only ones who didn't either look shocked or angry.
    "Uncle Jay are you ok?!" She came right to the other side of the bed where Will then helped her up so she could give him a hug, not noticing that the side she was on was the one he had gotten shot in, but he didn't even flinch.
    "I'm alright Zo. I'll be %100 the next time you're supposed to sleep over." Her eyes lit up probably thinking of the last time she slept over.
    "Next time can you teach me more fighting moves?" Jay looks up at Nicole who just smiles. I mean knowing how to protect yourself is an important thing to know when you're living in Chicago.
    "Sure kid." He then looks up at everyone else.
"Hey could you and your mom go get me something from the cafeteria? You can pick whatever you think I'll like ok." He's so good with her. Almost everyone saw what he was trying to do: get Zoe out of here for the "adult" conversation to begin.
Once she left it looked like everyone was trying to find something to say. Adam was apparently the first one to find some words.
"What the hell?! You're married!" This was gonna be bad. We haven't been together for over a year at least.
"Yeah basically." Jay let me talk to Adam because I think we both sort of knew that Adam was going to react worst if Jay started talking.
"How long?"
"A couple of months. Look we went to Vegas to try and get our mind off of things, as friends, and got drunk our last night there. We found out the morning after that we had gotten married, and decided to see where things go. We didn't go out beforehand, and basically just started our relationship from the start." That pretty much covered everything. Adam turned around and left, but I could see by his face that he wasn't as angry anymore. Then I hear footsteps coming from the hallway. Someone running which I'm pretty sure wasn't allowed in the hospital when it wasn't necessary.
"Uncle Jay we got you apple pie. You said that it was your favorite." Zoe arrived at the door with Nicole coming behind her slightly out of breath. She brought the apple pie over to him with two plastic forks.
"You expecting to share kid."  She gives him her biggest puppy dog eyes. He gave in almost immediately.
Everyone else sort of accepted it with both Kev and Antonio threatening Jay if he hurts me. I think Voight would have too if it wasn't for the fact that we were both like his kids. Zoe didn't want to leave, but Nicole had to go back to work, so I convinced her to let Zoe stay with us for the night since Jay was getting out in a couple of hours. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders.